Camping the VCF

Supreme Cmdr

Thanks for the compliments guys, and you SC.

I'm trying to make sure the gammulans get some attention.

Jaguar's got his, and I've got a special one for LordDavid but I want him to see it first. I've never done morphs or animated gifs before, so it's been a fun learning experience.

Well, back to lounging around the VCF. Pass me a cold one.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Aren't these killer sigs? And before you ask, He's ours!! He is a member of the Gammulan fleet!! So he is all ours!!!

You CAN'T have him!!!

Although if he wants a second AE, I guess that would be OK!!

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

quote:

Originally posted by Advil:

Thanks for the compliments guys, and you SC.

I'm trying to make sure the gammulans get some attention.

Jaguar's got his, and I've got a special one for LordDavid but I want him to see it first. I've never done morphs or animated gifs before, so it's been a fun learning experience.

Well, back to lounging around the VCF. Pass me a cold one.

It looks good. Anyway, lets not go off-topic too much.

Well my perspective is that a demo is a DEMONSTRATION of the final produce and as such may and will have a bug or two in there.

I for one as a Gammulan do not beg for things I 'aquire them' but in this case perhaps some ick.. 'diplomacy' may be in order. In my opinion the third and prolly final demo will satisfy thos who have been semi-patiently waiting for the final product. How it would be released and to whom is of course up to SC. I would be looking forward to the third demo after I get a taste of the 1st and 2nd demo. If people keep the word DEMO in perspective then I think that the third demo should be released before the final game is released by EB and who really knows for sure when that will be? For some the third demo will indeed be their 'fix' as any drug is to the addict. It is better that we are addicted to games and such as thos in RL succumb to the life changing real drugs.

Originally posted by Razor_87FIS:

[QB]Well my perspective is that a demo is a DEMONSTRATION of the final produce and as such may and will have a bug or two in there.

So that's the accpetable standards this days. That's sad.

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

So that's the accpetable standards this days. That's sad.

uhm, he's right you know. Whats sad about it? The more complex software gets, the more likely there are to be bugs in it.

How about this. How about I pull the game out of production and spend another two months hunting down bugs before releasing it. You won't mind that, right?

No matter what kind of software you develop, if you tinker with it long enough, you will find a bug in it. Hell, the OS you are running has more bugs that you care to know about.

BCM went Gold on 9/24 and so far have only found, what, three bugs? And if I'm doing a demo based on post-Gold code, those bugs won't be in the demo, but they will be in the pre-patched Gold version.

OK, now for my question of the day: Whats your point?

And btw, have you pre-ordered the game yet?

Me? I have preordered the game long ago. Back when you said that whoever pre-orders before the end of August gets a poster.

About the bugs, I am not talking about some little things that I don't even notice or that don't influence the gameplay, I am talking about the Arcanum and WWII online type of bugs. If something is released with those type of bugs and people will buy games from that company next time it's just sad. You know that I haven't bought a take2 game for over 2 years? I noticed way back that majority of the game with their logo on it tend to be very buggy so at first I was upset, then when they didn't fix those bugs I just said to hell with them all together. If everyone did that then maybe Arcanum, WWII online, BC3000AD wouldn't be remembered as failures but as the best games of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

I thought he fixed those collision-detection things ages ago.

OOHH, that was a sad attempt at humor, very sad, but because of that I gave out a little bit of a chuckle.

quote:

Well, that, and an extremely subtle inquiry as what or why a *bump*?

Because the changes are about to come hard and heavy, also can see changes via the MP patch that will begin to get worked on once we have the hot little CD in our hands.

And to get your attention I think, which obviously it did!!