Patch Upgraded Problem: 1.00.01 to 1.01.01

Bane

I have purchased BCM:G yesterday and have patched to the first level -- 1.01.00 (It says 1.00.01 as the version number on my PC).

B/c of this I cannot install the next patch [1.01.01] b/c I get a "1.01.00 Patch Not Found Error".

I have read the FAQs.

I have reinstalled and installed several times according to the FAQs and have d/l the 1.01.00 patch from other sites as well - no joy.

I have read that 1.00.01 was the old version number system that was implemented before this patch was released, and the numbering system changed to 1.01.00 for this patch (post-release).

My read-me included w/ the patch reflect 1.00.01 as well.

Any thoughts...

quote:

Originally posted by Bane:

B/c of this I cannot install the next patch [1.01.01] b/c I get a "1.01.00 Patch Not Found Error".

You need to be running the patch from INSIDE the game install folder. Thats the only way it will find the executable to patch.

I suggest you start from scratch by uninstalling the game. And make sure you download the correct patches. BCM is not the same as BCM Gold.

Three reasons spring to mind why it possibly hasn't worked for you.

1) Wrong file downloaded.

2) File corruption.

3) BCMG was patched incorrectly.

Just check the file name and size it should be

filename = bcmg101.exe size = 9.87 MB (10,350,717 bytes)

if not re download it from http://www.dreamcatchergames.com/dci/suppo...dia/bcmg101.exe

The second patch file should be filename = bcmg10101.exe size = 8.25 MB (8,654,733 bytes) choose a site from here http://www.3000ad.com/downloads/bcmg.shtml be careful you get the file dated 121203.

I've re-installed BCMG on four machines recently ( been playing with GBS II and wanted a clean untainted environment for testing ) on both Win2k Pro and XP Pro and they work fine.

As the SC says you must copy the patch file to the installed folder / directory "C:Program FilesDreamCatcher3000ADBattlecruiser Millennium Gold" (if you installed to the default directory ) and run the patch from there.

Patch with the first file bcmg101.exe I'd say watch the red progress bars to check it patches correctly but you probably won't recognize what is the correct behavior and what isn't.

Run the game and check it works.

Now copy the second file bcmg10101.exe in to the "Battlecruiser Millennium Gold" directory and execute it.

Thanks for the time and excellent input - I tried what you said and it didn't work - which is a good thing b/c it gave me impetitus to yank WinMe off my comp.

All works well now that WinMe is gone -- again Mahalos for your time!

quote:

Originally posted by Bane:

All works well now that WinMe is gone -- again Mahalos for your time!

Thank God for that. Don't you feel better now? I bet your system's case fans are turning faster now and your HDD and all components are thanking you. God WinME was such a travesty.

Anyway, what did you upgrade to? And don't forget to update you system sig, a lot of entries are missing.

Glad you got it sorted, at least that show you were installing the patches correctly

Not sure why it didn't work with WinME but then I've never tried it with that OS.

Only thing I had forgotten to say was that with OS's like 2k & XP etc you need to be logged in with Administration rights to install and patch.

Oh btw as Gallion would say Welcome to Our Nightmare

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fox__Trot

quote:

Originally posted by benny:

Also BMCG works very good now on my computer.

at the risk of being a jerk (Post count plus 1 is what im going for) it's well! and youre system would run better with XP