New UC Movies - Released

Supreme Cmdr

Well... i've seen the movies in full screen mode, using the windows media player 9. If you don't use the full screen mode, there's a kind of slight distortion... it's not my field of competence so i don't know the reason. But in full screen mode the movies are very good, considering the compression. SC has done the best to let everyone (with different connections bandwidth) enjoy the gameplay. And please thank him because it's not his task to spend time worrying about compressions, codecs and so on...

Can't wait to see the next movies!!!!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

And please thank him because it's not his task to spend time worrying about compressions, codecs and so on...

Agreed. Thanks for going the extra mile SC.

And for me personally, I only care what these movies convey from a gameplay perspective. Anyone who is worried about video quality here is missing the point. We'll get the video quality when the game sits on our hard drives.

well, my whole point on pointing the video quality thing out is because those who have never seen the game (read: potential costumers) have said so.

Preaching to the converted is great... getting more targets for the online servers is ...better

quote:

...And please thank him because it's not his task to spend time worrying about compressions, codecs and so on...

That's right! We should just feel lucky that he even decided to make movies for us to preview...

We should quit pestering him for silly things like this and just stop being a nuisance.

So yah, when will the next movie be out SC?? hee hee

quote:

Originally posted by Bandus:

No. No more movies. My keyboard cannot take one more movie in which I end up mashing the keys imagining I'm playing.

pah! if you think the last planetary combat movie was good, just wait'll u see what I have in mind next.

I have done two new movies and have made one of them (the 9min space combat one, which will probably blow your mind) available to the media outlets. So, start checking the sites of the usual suspects until I find time to update the downloads page.

I will be uploading the planetary combat one later this weekend because I don't have time now to edit it.

EDIT: The following mirrors are now hosting the 640x480 version of the movie. I also did a 320x240 version which is only 48MB, not sure if they will host them or not. So if you're on dial-up, kiss your modem goodbye.

Fileshack

Games Hell

3D Gamers (has both versions)

[ 12-05-2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Oh My GAWD!!! that movie was kick@ss!!!!

SC you are the man!!

Those particles effects are sweet!! Along with everything else too!!

One question, what sort of system specs did you have for that movie, the Ultimate or the recommended requirements? I REALLY want to play UC to its full potential now, because man! Did you see those effects?!?!

Unbelievable!! It really felt like I was there...really!! One could easily immerse themselves with this game!

Great job SC! You are certainly blessed with some kick@ss talent!!

Great great movie!!

And I can't wait for the next one!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

Oh My GAWD!!! that movie was kick@ss!!!!

heh, thats nuthin', you should see the footage I cut.

quote:

One question, what sort of system specs did you have for that movie, the Ultimate or the recommended requirements?

winXP Pro SP1

PIV 2.8Ghz

512MB RAM

Radeon 9800Pro (256MB)

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Are you saying we'll also be able to join up space craft into squadrons or groups, like how you did for the marines with the TOM feature?

erm, well yeah.

Ok just to clarify things here SC, because I may of been vague with that post.

Are you saying we will also be able to join up actual ships or fighters into groups?!!?!?!

Just like in the Tom feature, if not similar!?

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Very nice movie, It looks like space combat is a little slower paced than in BCMG which, if it is, I think is a good thing.

It is because I slowed down the high speeds of all the crafts in order to make sure they were properly tweaked for the new dynamics model.

Hello everybody,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Gerard and I'm from Holland, so excuse my possible writing errors. I'm a newbie here but I've been a long time fan of the Battlecruiser series. That's that, now about that new movie.

It looks awesome! All Battlecruiser games were great but UC is really gonna rock. It's the first Battlecruiser game with graphics as good as the superb gameplay! I really like those pixelshader effects. Too bad I don't have a pixelshader videocard yet, but I will get one soon.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Is there a new... whats it called, I forgot the ol' term...DDE?? oh I dunno (stop laffin) anyhow the 'destruction sequence' looks even more realistic with burning debris flying off in different directions, cool stuff!

Yes, the DeD (Dynamic Entity Destruction) has also been revised and has shader fx on the blown parts.

quote:

Is that an asteroid field those ships are in, like the ol' ones in BC3k, with pods?!!

Yeah

quote:

will UC get one of those slow movie-styled, flyby views for moving objects, to go with the current xyz axis view??

I have no idea what you're talking about.

The ships flying by are doing so as normal, there are no camera cut-scenes, special setup or anything like that. I recorded that movie during a normal combat engagement. The latter parts were after I sent my AE to a fighter and launched from the carrier, then gave the carrier orders to defend some target.

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

I was on about whether UC would have the camera view that a lot of simulators have - where your view of the moving entity (car, aircraft etc) is positioned out ahead of it's path, and you then watch it come at you and go past, it's just an additional view really.

No. Its useless anyway from a game perspective and besides the game engine already has no less than 11 views (a new F11 one will debut in UC).

OK, about these views.

Is there anyway of mapping some of view keys to joystick buttons. I know you can already config the joystick through a config INI file, or through the options menu, but you can only map it to some of the functions and not all...

But hey, maybe I'm overlooking something... so I'm wondering if you can already do this, but if not, can you do it in UC?