New UC Movies - Released

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

OK, about these views.

Is there anyway of mapping some of view keys to joystick buttons.

No. And please try to keep the silly questions to a minimum; thats why your posts are being deleted (in case you hadn't noticed). There is a limit to the number of silly questions - from the same person - which I can respond to. Since you showed up, you've literally breached that limit. So do try to control yourself. Its probably hard, but try.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched the new footage. Looks great! The exhaust streams look a little odd though. They look great on the missiles and even the fighters but seem a little unnatural on the capitol ships. Mostly because they appear to stick out the back like a 2km long popsicle stick and donÔÇÖt reflect any change in ship heading. Maybe if they werenÔÇÖt quite so long. Just my two galcredits. Cheers and keep up the good work SC

I like it, not everything may be realistic. But if you want a realistic space sim, sound effects in space should be removed too, to name but one thing. And what a dull game it would be then. Keep the afterburners, it's a sci-fi game and it looks cool!

I┬┤ve dowloaded the new movie yesterday and I must say: realy mindblowing. The new effects like shild, reflections and glows are awesome. A game with super gameplay has now super visuals, too.

What was realy cool to see where the new shipdesigns, especialy of the warmonger and firestorm. I┬┤m seeing foreward to get the first mission with the new vessels.

Em, SC, one thing crossed my mind as I saw these models. Are there any concept arts of the ships?

In Homeworld and Freespace I loved these things because they give character to the game.

At the moment I┬┤m on my way to GALCOM HQ. There I will wait for new assets.

I have uploaded a 5 min 71MB movie to the mirrors and it should start appearing online shortly. This one shows planetary combat and some other features. It is the last movie I will be releasing for the game.

EDIT: Gamer's Hell already has it up

[ 12-11-2003, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I have uploaded a 5 min 71MB movie to the mirrors and it should start appearing online shortly. This one shows planetary combat and some other features. It is the last movie I will be releasing for the game.

EDIT: Gamer's Hell already

Just viewed the movie and it's very cool.

quote:

Originally posted by King Haggis:

Whoah, great movie! It keeps getting better. I had no idea UC was so far ahead of BCM.

heh, that's nuthin'. All these movies don't even show 20% of the new features/technologies in the game.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Fox__Trot

quote:

PIV 2.8Ghz

512MB RAM

Radeon 9800Pro (256MB)

does the extra 128mb of ram come into play in UC? Just currious since im on a 128 card

PS: I wonder if UC will beat HL2 and Doom3 out the door... I hope so since whichever of the 3 makes it out first is going to be first bought

Wow!

Did you create the music yourself? I particarally like the last victory track. The game looks amazing, I particarally like the huge station blowing up. With such a promising game ahead, I don't really mind HOW long I have to wait.