UCAWA Review - SciFi.com

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

Originally posted by Ben Zwycky:

Fair, balanced and helpful for those not in the know. Why can't all reviewers write like this?

Very true, great review. When will these guys realize that not all Gamers want the same "Shoot em til they die" Ad Nauseum.

"... if learning to manipulate complex subsystems as its own reward excites you)."

Wait a minute! Is he calling us geeks? No one told me we were geeks!

I thought it was a fair review, overall (though I'm still playing UC *shame*).

I liked this part most of all:

"It's almost criminal that so much effort by an independent developer has gone into such an ambitious albeit flawed game, and that the end product costs less than a cheap dinner for two."

I don't believe there IS another simulation with the sheer number of man-hours that are behind this one.

Guest MarlboroMan

Nice review, and well earned. They forgot to mention your prompt tech support responses following a hurricane. The Microsoft comparison seems a little odd considering they might have a slightly bigger budget.

System Info

sys info

I disagree with the collision detect comment and sent him email about it explaining why it was disabled for vegetation and why it is listed in the FAQ.

So I have no idea what he meant by this, considering that if there was no general collision detect, first person would be unplayable (e.g. bullets won't hit etc)

quote:

Collision detectionÔÇöa critical part of making first-person environments feel "real"ÔÇöis still essentially absent,

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

I disagree with the collision detect comment and sent him email about it explaining why it was disabled for vegetation and why it is listed in the FAQ.

So I have no idea what he meant by this, considering that if there was no general collision detect, first person would be unplayable (e.g. bullets won't hit etc)

quote:

Collision detectionÔÇöa critical part of making first-person environments feel "real"ÔÇöis still essentially absent,

This is true, I don't understand why so many people seem to gripe about this, it's the same for SWG and a whole host of other games. In very large environments such as this, to have collision detection enabled for Vegitation would require a super computer to run.