Sig's, what they are for Revisited

Pugwash

I know I'm going over old ground here and repeating what was said in this thread Everyone read this, Sig's, what they are for but I must emphasise what the requirements of this community are.

SC had a brief flirtation with allowing authorised images in signatures yesterday, I managed to persuade him to go back to

only allowing authorised race, fleet logos, mottos and images.

The main problem I could foresee apart from SC or CAT member wasting time vetting images, mottos, signatures etc is that some people would always try to bend the rules, trying to figure out which signatures had been authorised and which hadn't would have been a nightmare to police that's before we even think about acceptable content.

Although a large number of our community members are American and/or exmilitary/military personnel we are truly a multinational, multi-cultural community, what is inoffensive to one member may be highly offensive to another.

You all know what it's like on some of the forums out there, I did/do not want this forum to start down that slippery slope.

Just to reiterate

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Commanders,

A number of us moderators, you know us by our rank to the left, are noticing a LOT of unauthorized sig's.

Graphics, Gif's, unauthorized fleets etc.

These sigs must be changed to either show an authorized fleet etc, or removed entirely, with just your system specs there.

This board is a specific board, it is for a specific game, and for a specific purpose, any sig that is not showing that particular purpose must be removed ASAP.

If it is NOT specifically authorized, then it should not be here.

Please remove those sigs ASAP, you have 24 hours, after that, things will get rough.

Moderators, please feel free to edit this post and add your own comments, etc.

Thanks,

If you want to exert your own personality you can choose your Avatar image there are plenty to choose from.

We do not encourage you to use your own Avatar there's a good selection on this server.

If you absolutely must have your own individual Avatar these images are a good place to start to see exactly what is acceptable.

Be warned if your Avatar resides on an external server and it is down for more than a few days your profile may be deleted without warning

Avatars should be in GIF format at 48x48 pixels and 256 colours

Should be in good taste ie not offensive to religious belief, ethnic origin or gender that's not an exhaustive list but a good starting point.

Any reasonable complaint concerning Avatar content that means stating a valid reason may result in the users profile being deleted.

This is a family forum so humour and content should be aim at the lowest common denominator ESRB Rating Teens.

Further reading for our newer forum member and those with short memories

Logos

Things to remember when doing animated gif sigs

Profile Avatars

Thread subjects And Profile Signatures

I don't need to invite comments I know you'll speak your minds.

Thanks for your time.

• 2 months later...
Guest Fox__Trot

Stupid question time!

It would appear custom avatars (atleast thouse linked from youre personal website) no longer exists as an option.

is this true or am I going crazy?

and who do I need to petition for the ability to create polls? (mostly in the rubbish area)

I believe Custom Avaters was removed because members kept using Avaters that, like Pugwash said, where considered offensive to some people

What one person like's, another might hate

What one person feel's is not offensive, another might

In that state, they don't allow Custom's for verious reasons. But I don't speak for the SC or any of his staff here, so they would know the right answer, I'm just speaking from experience