Florida to Tax Home Networks

I'd say Kiss MY A**!!

WHAT next? home intercom systems..?

We pay enough compounded and hidden taxes, when purchasing ANY equipment!

Makes me think of all those farmers, throughout the midwest and far west, who lost their lives,from 1865-1900; while trying to fight off tax foreclosures with a shotgun.

They built their farms, on Originally designated TAX FREE(-Homestead act of 1812)HOMESTEAD properties.

The property tax was an after-thought by the federal government, based on land improvement($5000 improvement in 5 years: a requirement to homestead) NO grandfather allowences were accepted by the federal government.

It was merely a legal way to aquire the land for the InterContinental RailRoad. poor farmers, didnt have cash to pay the ADDED taxations, due to the Federal Tax Reform.

Now we ALL pay property tax to City, and County, and State, AND Federal government, for EVERYTHING we own. AND with NO thought, it was ever any different.

I WONDER, how far FLORIDA will really go with this??

Jeeze street, calm down.. This is the kind of tax that more than likely will never get out the door.

Heh, the burden of the information age for lawmakers; everyone will know what they're doing within 72 hours of the creation of a bill. All it takes is one news source (Wired in this case) and the public opinion to be foul, and it will never pass.

This is the kind of law that you really can't say yes to; unless you are entirely uninformed of the situation.

On another note, we've got plenty of tax free stuff up here in the bogs of Georgia! If you can survive the mosquitos and deer flies you should have no problem at all! Well, you'll need a big truck too, one slightly larger than Big Foot to avoid getting shot by the rednecks, but thats no problem, I'm sure y'all are pretty resourceful.

Actually, I'm afraid that Georgia might follow suit if this goes through. Why? Because we've done it before.

LOL..I'm not excited. I dont even live in Florida, but I use to, and I KNOW first hand how quick THAT state passes such rediculous type legislation. AND how they inform the public(i.e. little 1/2"x1" ads, on page 34 of the sunday paper or some such).

It was JUST a comment.....

Edit:

quote:

On another note, we've got plenty of tax free stuff up here in the bogs of Georgia! If you can survive the mosquitos and deer flies you should have no problem at all! Well, you'll need a big truck too, one slightly larger than Big Foot to avoid getting shot by the rednecks, but thats no problem, I'm sure y'all are pretty resourceful.

that is FUNNY!!

Hey,

I bet this taxes every Floridian, since most americans have one or more tv's with remote-control, and a remote-control is also communications-equipment, since it communicates with the tv (it sends a signal, just like a fax sends a signal, and that's taxed too)

Greetings,

Wouter Dijkslag

"In 1985 the state passed a law to tax businesses using their own communications networks, because otherwise the state could not collect tax revenue on the businesses' local telephone service."

And what gives the the right to tax a business that uses it's own infrastructure to conduct it's business?

"In some cases, it appears the tax would be collected by the providers of communications services such as wireless companies or voice-over-IP firms. The tax would be added to the user's bill and then turned over to the Department of Revenue."

Sounds to me like some politician will have a new ranch, the collecting firm would obviously get a cut for collection "service".

This whole thing that's happening to this government with the corruption and pay offs reminds me of Russia so so much, which is sad.

My phone bill has more than $10 in taxes and fees, which ads up to more than 20% of the total bill, what gives? They just want more and more and more, and then when the businesses raise prices to compensate everyone is pissed off at the businesses, well don't be, thank the politicians, don't blame the corporations. That's why the plumer charges you $100 and hour when he comes to fix your bathroom, because $75 of that hundred goes to Robber Sam, while the plummer gets $25 and still has to pay income tax on that too.

"The tax would go, in part, toward school construction and other projects. "

LOL, biggest bull ever. It's like where I live, they installed an additional $85 a year property tax on homeowners to pay for cuts in schools budget. Let's see, if I am a home owner and don't have any kids I still pay, if I live in an appartment and have kids but don't own a home who pays for my kids school, the home owner pays, now why should he pay for the other persons kids to go to school and not the kids parents? BECAUSE, the money doesn't really go to schools, it's easier for the $$$ to get lost in the system if they take it from the people who don't demand accountability. If the people who had their kids attend that particular school paid the tax and then saw no improvement in the school they would raise questions as to where the money they are paying for their own kids education is dissapearing to, the home owner with no kids will not ask, and even if he does, he will get slammed down with remarks like "you have no right to ask, you don't have kids in that school"

On another note, it is equivalent to taking money in taxes from my paycheck and giving it to people who are poor and have 5 kids. Why should I pay for their kids? The reason I don't have my own kids is because I am not having any till I can afford them, and the reason I can't afford them is because they are taking my hard earned $$$ to give to people who are having kids without being able to afford them. Makes sense what this piece of $hit government is doing to people? Yeah, it makes sense alright, they are literally s*&%%ing us.

PS, with all the lawsuits going on, maybe I can sue the government for taxation without representation.

[ 06-26-2004, 08:39 PM: Message edited by: Soback ]

I can't belive that they thought this up...

Maybe they sit down and say, "Ok guys! Were getting low on cash.. any ideas on what we can tax now?"

"Howabout toasters?"

"No... we've already taxed those."

"Maybe... drugs, or illegal adult entertainment?"

"No that would only make the government reputation worse."

"I got it! Howabout we tax the networks that millions of buisenesses in the world use! If we can get it to be a national tax, it will totally ruin Bill Gates!"

"Now your thinking, Intern!"