S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Xellos

Sounds interesting, the scenario is definitely original, no doubts of that, looks like it could be fun..

But what do Doom 3 and HL2 have to do with this?

Please make the title of your thread the subject of your thread.

Please edit it, and if you cannot, please let me know and I will do it for you.

[ 11-16-2003, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

You guys need to download and take a peek at this.

The big one is a 45 meg zipped filed, but it looks pretty impressive for an FPS.

Not bad at all and the last sequence is rather disturbing, I would not want to meet that thing in a dark alley, no, I don't think I would at all.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

You guys need to download and take a peek at

The big one is a 45 meg zipped filed, but it looks pretty impressive for an FPS.

Not bad at all and the last sequence is rather disturbing, I would not want to meet that thing in a dark alley, no, I don't think I would at all.

What's even more amazing is that it's (according to the video) a video of the game pre-alpha build. You could have fooled me!! I wonder what the final version is going to look like. I've said this before, Russians really know how to make games example Outcast, Sea Dogs, Knights of the sea etc.

Guest rtoolooze

This game looks freakin awesome! The storyline and concept is amazing. Of course, so are the graphics. Some of the best I've ever seen. Can't wait to try it out.

• 6 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

OK, this is interesting to say the least. First read this
. Then read
by one of the STALKER devs.

Wow, I found her website to be touching...

And now, several weeks later, I found it was all a shame. Man, I feel like such a goof for falling for that junk.

sheesh...

Guest MIKE113

Hey, I been took!

The whole time I was wanting to take the "ride" and then to find out it may not be true just sucked!

[ 06-02-2004, 11:59 PM: Message edited by: MIKE113 ]

• 1 year later...

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

fps, just gets better whether effects, sometimes better gun sounds... when will they get rid of the first person view? oh yeah its an fps...

This looks like it's not just an FPS but has lots of RPG elements also. Anyway, seems like I've been waiting forever for this game. If you haven't already, check out the game vids in the second post I made. This game is going to rock. As for the first person view, I'm sure there will be a code you can enter that would give you third person perspective if it's not already implemented in the game as an easy option.

I noticed when viewing the Clans. Physics. Trade. clip that the inventory menu is exactly the same as it is in System Shock 1 and 2 I think deus ex had the same inventory menu also (since it was made by the same guys who made system shock). Glad to see a good idea still in use.

quote:

Originally posted by Cruis.In:

I remember this about parkan2 and that has been disappointing, no more game vids, no more following games! I'm Done!

I've been lucky in that respects. Most, if not all, of the games I put my radar on have been anything but disappointing. The only one that comes to mind is Sea Dogs II arrrggghhh I mean Pirates of the Caribbean. Once I found out the developers sold out to disney, my heart sank as I kept reading more and more about lots of things being taken away from the game to better tie in with the movie. I bought it anyway played it for a little while and have never been back to it. Very disappointed to what it should have been. But over all I've been very happy with the games I bought.

• 1 year later...