Thief 3

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol... DE2 kind of screwed up a franchised didn't it? Max Payne 2 fared a little better at least.

The Thief 3 writeup in Computer games last month was good though.

Man, I have been playing Thief: The Dark Project and Thief II: The Metal Age for the past week or so and I absolutely love the premise of the games. Sneaking around in the dark is just kickass! I really can't see how they could possibly add to this game, as far as game play features go. In fact, I think any major adjustments to the game play scheme would just ruin the concept.

Do you think the Thief lead, Randy Smith, stepped down voluntarily or someone fired his ass? Because, With that guy gone, what's stopping people from making this into an 'action-packed-just-like-everyone-else-today' kind of game!?

*keeping my fingers crossed*

• 1 month later...

Hah, I'm one of those window 98SE die hards and so are alot of people I know that have used XP and went back to 98. I knew it was only a matter time until developers would buckle under the pressure of Bill Gates and his new wack OS's. However, it does say it's unsupported, not that it will not install under the other OS's. So if I run into any problems, I'd have to iron it out myself. All the other stats I'm more than covered for it.

quote:

I'm one of those window 98SE die hards and so are alot of people I know that have used XP and went back to 98. I knew it was only a matter time until developers would buckle under the pressure

Me too!

Hey, let me know if it works under 98SE.

• 3 weeks later...

The only post worth saving, from a now deleted (bastards creating dupe threads are really gunning for me to ban their ass) thread.

quote:

Originally posted by Sebbish:

"The Last Thief 3 Preview You Will Ever Need to Read"
This guy was quite impressed, and thinks Thief fans will like it. I know some people were afraid it would be "dumbed-down" or become too much of a console title (especially after Deus Ex 2). Thankfully, it looks like that won't happen.

Here's some
Gone Gold impressions.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

[QB] The only post worth saving, from a now deleted (bastards creating dupe threads are really gunning for me to ban their ass) thread.

***First of all I would like to apologize for creating the duplicate thread.***

I can't wait to play the game. The ability to climb walls now might make the game too easy though?

quote:

Originally posted by jamotto:

***First of all I would like to apologize for creating the duplicate thread.***

LMAO!! I wasn't naming names

Anyway, no need to apologize, as I've made the same mistake too. But I'm exempt from repercussions since I, well, own the site.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

unless the screenshots and gameplay videos are lying, I'd hate to see what that guy thinks are GOOD graphics.

130 million polygons for just the head, 60 million for the neck, 200-230 shader instuctions per pixel, etc

The reviewer said that lip sync was not implemented. I thought they had gotten that working?

quote:

Originally posted by XOR:

why not just stick a real guy in your monitor and be done with it jeese

ppl shouldnt focus on reality they should focus on the romance

I sure they are working on it. :-)

followed by "scratch and sniff" smells.