Medieval 2: Total War

Guest Grayfox

Likely for balance reasons-- I havent had a problem in Agincourt taking down loads of people with the bowmen. If they were as effective as you would want them to be, the AI would never be able to break a siege for instance. Unarmored units in Rome: Total War would get wasted when hit with a volley of arrows. This would make it nearly impossible for the AI to win in a siege. I could hold off armies outnumbering me 20 to 1 even with inferrior units. That was with basic stone walls-- anything more than that was usually no contest.

Also if you notice units can get 'wounded' rather than killed outright with a projectile. So either it misses, they block the attack, they get hit and wounded, or get hit and killed. If you look closely units turn a shade of red when they are wounded.

Keep in mind that units with shields or experience are much more likely to block/dodge an arrow coming from the front or their shield side. Hit them from their weapon side or from behind and they are more likely to get wounded/killed. Likewise with missile troops, the more experience they have, the more likely they are to hit someone with their shot.

quote:

Originally posted by Tac:

I was addicted to SHOGUN TOTAL WAR but the ONE thing that bummed the game for me was how screwed cavalry was.

Man, I'd like to see CA revisit that like they did with the new Medieval 2.

-Sho