new graphics card

Cruis.In

curious as to what you guys think are the best options to upgrade to, and whether or not one has to really upgrade.

I bought my radeon x800 XT in January 2005 I think that was a couple of months after its release. To date no game I have played has been able to bog down the card, games like Fear, or Rome total war, Im wondering if it makes much sense to upgrade and what new features in these new cards am I missing?

I think so far I can do without the new features, HDR and such until almost another year.

ya, personally, I am holding off on a video card upgrade for a while, likely next fall. Right now just feels like a bad time to upgrade with the new dx10 cards just over the horizon.

Not that I will be upgrading to a top of the line card when I do, but I am hoping to get a decent entry level dx10 card by then...

I agree case, although with my 6600GT I am starting to see games dropping to the 'medium/low detail' mark in many cases now...

Having that said I must also agree that present day 'medium/low' detail still looks mighty good in many games, so I really don't have anything to complain.

It's more an 'ego' issue!