UC 2.00.30 RC16 Patch Released

Supreme Cmdr

Check the reg page. The online VCF has also been updated.

You have to positively read the VCF before applying this patch. You HAVE been warned.

For those of you new to UC. You need to install the v2.00.00 patch first, before installing this patch on top of it.

WARNING: Due to users going from the base 2.00.00 patch to the current 2.00.xx patch; this patch WILL delete ALL saved games. So, if you are upgrading from 2.00.19 or higher, backup the files in the SAVE folder before applying the patch. If you run an mp server, you should also backup your UCSETUPMP.INI file. After applying the patch, copy them back to the SAVE folder. If you attempt to do this with any saved game version earlier than the specified version, good luck bud.

This patch contains a DirectX 9.0c runtime update which Microsoft has released. Since some folks are not reading the VCF, let me point out that you MUST install this update by running the DXSETUP.EXE file located in the new DIRECTX folder where the game is installed. This was included as of the 2.00.30RC15 patch. So if you already did this, you don't need to do it again.

SC,

Shadow, Jack Decker and me were on server 3 for a while, and we noticed some very strange things,

First off all we tried towing, to see if the tow is broken, I tried this several times with Shadow, and we had the same results over and over, Shadow would turn on his SOS beacon, I would then tow him. I first of all heard "Tractor Beam Engaged" about 5 times, but that's not a big issue.

Then i flew over to the station, and Shadow would dock while i still had my tow on. Then it got really annoying, I kept getting the Tractor Beam Disengaged, Tractor Beam Engaged, Tractor Beam Disengaged, Tractor Beam Engaged...over and over again, on what seemed like a endless loop, it also showed "CC AWAITING ORDERS" in the top of the screen all the time. As you can see here:

http://members.home.nl/wubbema/temp/bug01.jpg

I was able to move freely and do as i pleased though.

Shadow on the other end, ones he undocked from the station, had even bigger problems.

From his perspective I was moving all around him, jumping back and forth from right on top of him, to where i actually was then, which was several (up to thousands of) kilometers away, appearing that i still towed him, while there was no towing animation, and the HUD didn't indicate he was being towed,

(When we switched later, and he towed me, we had the same results, and i've made several screenshots of him, shooting all around me, all were like this one:

http://members.home.nl/wubbema/temp/bug02.jpg )

Still, he (Shadow as formely towed by me) could rotate his ship, but his engines were useless, he could not stop/increase/decrease his speed.

And he did not get the abilty to move freely until I (as previously towing him) was destroyed.

What was noticable was that to him, i really appreared in two locations, he even managed to turn and fire a few shots at me, damaging my shields, while I really was thousands of kilometers away.

(When we switched roles, I even managed to destroy him like this, when he really was 921.000 kilometers away from me)

NPC activity is also acting up, the most noticable is that ones you destroy a NPC ship, a new ship appears at the same location with the same Race/Caste/Shiptype, but dissapeared after about 3 or 4 seconds, and it really did register as a new ship, with full shields, who took damage from our PTA's before it dissapeared.

And I noticed that planetary lines and tiles are fixed now, but in space it still looks like the game is running in Software Emulation Mode, looking all grainy.

The best way to describe it is that Palladian Station in Procon from a few kilometers out looks like it's been put together from Lego blocks, from a distance, all ships and stations look all pixely like you're running UC in software emulation mode, but from up close they look normal again.

I'll have the guys run some tests with the revised towing and the AG ships destruction.

As far as rendering is concerned, there is no software renderer nor emulation mode. I just checked and its rendering just fine. If you are running the game in a window, don't. Make sure your drivers, DirectX etc are updated. Previous versions of UC were DirectX 8 based. Like UCG, it is now DirectX 9 based as of the last patch.

Is there anyway to fix the problem that was stated in the readme of GameCQ? It says as the readme said it would, "Universal Combat is not installed, do you want to go to the download page". And also do to the patch I am unable to play UC at all, no single player, no multiplayer. I thought I would bring this to your attention.

~Partyboy