"floating point not loaded' error (AMD chipsets)

Guest tammgiar

Guest tammgiar

I try to start a ROAM game (tried with numerous loadouts) and when the I get to "Loading complete", the game crashes to desktop with this error: "Runtime Error! R6002 -floating point not loaded"

Heres a screenshot, if it's any help: http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/4035/ucawactd4fe.jpg

BTW, I have the latest drivers for everything, and I do have the Feb. DirectX update. The game worked fine with 1.00.12, but with .13 this happens.

[ 04-12-2006, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Hmm, I just tried to re-install UCAWA, install the new DirectX and run the updater (D2D) to v.1.00.12. I get the same error (floating point not loaded).

I'm gonna try to re-install and try again with my SF version and patch 1.00.13 tomorrow.

I have recompiled the program to see if there was a problem before.

edit your SETTINGS.INI file in Notepad and change the

version from 1.00.13 to 1.00.12. Then run the Updater again. This will re-download the patch and re-apply it on top of itself.

Let me know if this solves the problem.

Just installed 1.00.13.

Having a similar problem.

However I don't get any errors or crashes.

Upon reloading a saved game (or starting a new one), the scenario will load and the game hangs at the screen that says "Loading Scenario, Please Wait..." and in the lower right corner it says "Loading Completed, Standby." The game hangs on this screen. Only way to exit the game at this point is CTL, ALT, DEL.

With 1.00.12 I had the "Restoring deployed support craft" issue. This "Hanging on load screen" is new to 1.00.13.

Guest Cornucopia

I find it hard to believe that *none* of your dev machines exhibit this problem, while almost every one else has this problem.

Maybe you need to reconfigure one or more of your boxes to more reflect the 'real world'.That is a basic box with a basic,not the best video card,512 MB ram,one with a Athlon,one with a P4,simple onboard sound.WinXP home edition with all the updates.

Sorry...that's what I think.

Since he recently upgraded to Visual Studio 2005, maybe it is due to his machines running the .Net 2.0 framework rather than the 1.1 that most of us are probably still using. It's been my experience that just because Microsoft allowed something to be done in one version of their development environment it doesn't mean that that will be the case in the next one. Rather than suggesting that he 'dumb' down his machines we should give him the benefit of the doubt that he will find the problem because history shows that if there is one he will fix it.

I haven't had the chance to update to this version but when I get the chance I will try it and see if I get similar results.

OK, I have just now terminated all downloads, deleted the previous file and re-uploaded it. Anyone having this problem needs to please use the procedure above to re-download this patch via the Updater and let me know if it is still happening.

Once again, is there anyone not having this problem?

NONE of us are having this problem and I have no idea why this would be happening.

OK, just to be on the safe side, I have changed the version number of the new build to .13.01. So if anyone downloaded the file before reading this post, just run the Updater as normal. You don't need to alter the SETTINGS.INI file. Updater should inform you that 1.00.13.01 is available.

Let me know how it goes.

Just an FYI.

I haven't reloaded UCAWA, I'm still waiting for one more componet to finish my systems upgrade, so I can't say I'm having a problem.

I did download & apply the Directx Feb (2006) update, After which I had a problem with Windows Media player 10 & Rhapsody. The WMDRM on my machine had become corrupted.

quote:

Originally posted by eyequeue:

Just installed the 1.00.13.01.

All works great now! Complete with the fixes mentioned in the VCF.

Trust the SC on this one, redownload the patch, it works.

Off to blow up that ship in Lennon. LOL

OK thanks. But were you getting the floating point not loaded error as well? If not, I need someone who had that error, to report back to me on this new version please.

That new version is compiled with the older VS6 compiler.

Later today I'm going grab a guinea pig and attempt to research this problem. You're it.

I need those of you who were having this problem, but no longer have it with the .13.01 update, to do the following please and report back to me.

1. Backup UCAWA.EXE
  2. Download this file
  3. Copy it into your runtime folder
  4. Run the game

Let me know if this new exe also results in the same error message. When done, delete the new file and restore your backed up file.

quote:

Originally posted by eyequeue:

Just installed 1.00.13.

Having a similar problem.

However I don't get any errors or crashes.

Upon reloading a saved game (or starting a new one), the scenario will load and the game hangs at the screen that says "Loading Scenario, Please Wait..." and in the lower right corner it says "Loading Completed, Standby." The game hangs on this screen. Only way to exit the game at this point is CTL, ALT, DEL.

I don't know for sure, but it is possible that my system was experiencing the same or similar problem since the error occurs after loading a scenario. My machine loaded the scenario and hung instead of shooting an error. Maybe somehow my machine just hangs instead of giving floating point not loaded errors.