What it is....and isn't

Supreme Cmdr

This is an exciting new IP that I've been working on over the years...while waiting for technology to catch up.

Set in the existing game world, it is an episodic (three titles are planned in the series) game which tells the story of a band of renegades in a stolen experimental GALCOM craft - the GCV-KnightBlade who - against overwhelming odds, are the last line of defense against an embattled Earth.

Designed and developed from the ground up using our Reality Engine license, the entire game takes place in full 3D. The entire ship, stations etc are all gloriously rendered in rich 3D environments.

The KnightBlade crew of fourteen includes the commander, his XO, navigator, doctor, combat pilots and a bunch of marines who make up a makeshift ragtag army.

Featuring elements of our traditional games, scenarios take place in space and on planets while featuring first person, flight and vehicular combat on a richly detailed world, complete with interior levels for all units that the player interacts with.

[ 01-10-2007, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• 11 months later...

Just a headsup to let you folks know that we are in the process of signing a major - major - deal for the Galactic Command series.

As a result, I have split the franchise into two properties, while also adding KnightBlade to that series in order to retain brand name recognition.

What we have is a Galactic Command series which will focus on certain aspects of my established game world and characters. Think of them like Star Trek whereby you have Star Trek - Deep Space Nine, Star Trek - Voyager, Star Trek - Enterprise etc.

The Echo Squad is a PC exclusive, while Excalibur is a console exclusive. This was done in order to not taint the IP and confuse gamers. And most especially since I don't want my console games to be pure ports of their PC counterparts.

At the end of the day, its all good.

The press release should be out later this week about this and the deal will be announced at the upcoming D.I.C.E. seminar

NOTE: This will be the first game to use our Reality Engine license. The other two GALCOM titles (Echo Squad and Excalibur) will use our existing graphics engine, albeit updated. If we have enough time, we may port Excalibur to Reality Engine before it ships, but that plan is still up in the air due to the time constraints.

• 2 months later...

Thats not how it works. MS doesn't like XB360 games which will also be on the PC and without some hook to make the console version unique. I don't have the time, effort nor resources to commit to such a venture. So, its either one or the other.

So thats a very big problem. Given the choice of doing a PC vs XB360 game, I'd rather go the XB360 route for obvious reasons.

Since all development (even XB360) happens on the PC, once it is clear what format it will be released in, there will be an announcement. Until then, you can safely assume that it will be an XB360 title.