Ground Forces Structure for Fleet Leaders

Fleet Leaders,

I am working on structuring the ground forces for GALCOM. Rattler can use a similar format for the Insurgents if he so chooses. I am awaiting approval from the SC on my structure, and as the second phase of the project I need each fleet leader to write out the mission types that his marines will undertake. Now not every fleet will undertake all mission types, not all fleets will have covert operations battalions, not all will have armor battalions, etc. So each fleet must be tailored to a specific purpose. Some fleets will have only space marine battalions, some will have ground force battalions and space marine battalions. I need a mission statement from every Fleet Leader, you can post the information here. Try to be as detailed as possible, that will make it easier for the unit types needed by that fleet easier to determine. Once I have that information and the SC approves my structure, I will give you all a message to select names and unit numbers for each type allotted to each fleet. This is mainly being done for role playing purposes and to just have an established ground forces set up for the future of BC3K.

I would like to have all the information on the fleets by the end of tomorrow, so if the SC approves this in the next couple of days then I can get the information out to everyone and you can use the weekend to start thinking things out.

Fleet Cmdr. Jeehun Ristar

GCV Shogun, ISS02

ISS Fleet Leader (acting)

ISS Intelligence and Espionage Arm Coordinator

Shogun of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Covert Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

I took a quick glance and consider this post my approval. I don't have much time to devote to this. But, I would expect that all the other commanders will co-operate with you on this. The ground forces structure will be part of the overall fleet structure itself. So, I would expect that you and other the other fleet commanders will get this sorted out by the end of the month.

Also, post your proposal here, so that everyone knows what the heck you're up to. You will need to go over Tom's current plan's as well.

If you guys don't get it sorted out by the 2/1, I'm going to take it over and do it from scratch. If I do that, what I come up with, will mostly likely not be want you guys want.

Be advised.

Ok, Thanks SC.

I have a .pdf document stating the overall structure of the ground forces. I will email it to all fleet leaders. Post your descriptions of your fleets so I can determine the type of marine units you will be allotted. There are 2 types of marine units: 1)Orbital Marines (ground forces), and 2)Space Marines. Each BC in each fleet will be allotted 40 Space Marines to act as a security force. Each fleet will be allotted 1 Army of Orbital Marines to use as its ground forces. Each fleet will have a different make up of ground forces depending upon its mission and function within GALCOM. Once I have the description of your fleets function I will determine the type of ground units you will have and then you can come up with their number designations. I am trying to come up with a demonstration unit structure for my wing within the ISS for an example.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask, and we can get this hammered out and I can get the structure to the SC ASAP.

Thank you for your support,

GCV Shogun, ISS02

ISS Fleet Leader(acting)

Black Dragon Wing - ISS Fleet

Shogun of the Dragon Council - Order of Jade Dragon

Director of Covert Operations - Order of Jade Dragon

SC,

I've got the ground force structure for Wraith and ISS Fleet done. I am waiting for Orion's and Prime Fleet to send me their information. I was going to wait until Friday to get the information then I was going to structure it myself.

If the Fleet Leaders of Prime Fleet and Orion Fleet had forgotten about it, please get me the information to me by this coming Friday, which is January 28, or I'll need to structure your ground forces myself, so I can get the information to the SC by February 1. You can email me at [email protected] if you want to send it directly to me and it will only take me an hour or two to get the structure down and send it to you for you to look over and then I can get it all to the SC.

Well let me know.

Apologies for being tardy. Do to my mail problems of the last couple of weeks, I have only just recieved the ranks.pdf in my mail.

If it's any consolation, I also got a phone SMS that was sent on New Years eve this morning. Heh, aint technology wonderful? smile.gif

Anyhow, I'm reviewing the Orion Fleets general duties info right now, although a basic outline of what the two commisioned Battle Groups get up to is mentioned in the Fleet section of the Orion Website.

Expect mail shortly ...

------------------

F.C KARL 'BLADES' SAVAGE

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - TSUNAMI Ôäó

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'For Queen and country'

Ok Cmdr Ristar, I'm going to have to ask a favor of yourself and Ron Wallin if I may. I'm kinda busy right now getting "my kids" ready to go off on yet another one of their fabulous vacation trips to yet another not so pleasant summer camp. In other words, looks like the Rattler Road Show could happen again real soon. I'll stay in touch as much as I can, but I need Ron to look over the stuff that you and I went over and see if it'll work for the Insurgents as well as Galcom.

Ron, If you are out there, please look over Ristar's .pdf file and give both he and I a shout. Thanks, Amigo!

------------------

Rattler, Spectre, Insurgent One

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Old Age and Treachery will ALWAYS win out over Youth and Exuberance!"

Jeehun,

I posted my proposed Prime Fleet Structure here, I hope it does not interfere with your ground forces structure.

As for the Prime Fleet ground forces, I am not sure yet, if the biggest fleet should also have a lot of ground forces. Looking over your rank file, I would like to go for a Brigade, containing all the marines aboard the Fleet ships (one Battalion for each Wing) as well as one to two extra/reserve Battalions (to be transported by the support fleet).

OTOH we can decide that once, space battles are decided, all combat continues on the ground. In that way we would need at least a whole Division (assigned to the Prime Fleet), containing one Brigade aboard the ships, and two to three Brigades for the ground operations.

P.S.:

quote:

Each fleet will be allotted 1 Army of Orbital Marines to use as its ground forces.

Oops, overread this. Well, so much for that, heheh. It has been decided already. Okay, second case, then, with army instead of Division. Whew, that is a lot of soldiers. Whoever is in (direct) command of those marines, has much more people to lead than my humble self.

IIRC correctly somewhere in the above mentioned thread it has been said that Prime Fleet is totally unspecialized. That means there would be some unit (Battalion, or Brigade?) of space marines at each of Prime's Space Stations, as well as Star Bases, and everything else should be orbital (ground) marines.

Can you set up some names for me, please? I am not good at inventing names, I fear.

Regards.

------------------

Fleet Cmdr. Joe Gudihl

GCV-Dark Star

Prime Fleet

"Remember, we are trained professionals... Don't try this at home!"

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series

[This message has been edited by Thomas Siemens (edited 01-29-2000).]

Guest Ron Wallin

Ristar, it looks like Rattler dropped this in my lap for the Insurgents and so you have the opinion of an old hand for GALCOM as well. Please email me a copy of the .pdf.

[email protected]

Thanx.

------------------

Cmdr. Akira

ICV Nevermore

Spectre, Command Staff

Base Commander, The Dojo

Official Tester

Battlecruiser Series