geez SC, you sure this going to be the last in the series?

ouch

Yeah, I went to 4 stores today (gamestop, EBgames, walmart, compusa) and finally found a copy at compusa.

everyone was sold out, and the copy I found was the last one.

but anyway the packaging is superb. It's really the best one out of any game I have. The best part is the raised spindle in the hardened case, I can put all the other games of the battle cruiser series and a patch/utilities CD in the same case with room to spare.

Game installed fine, but I'm just waiting for the patch to download at the moment before I try it.

Yeah, I went to 4 stores today (gamestop, EBgames, walmart, compusa) and finally found a copy at compusa.

everyone was sold out, and the copy I found was the last one.

but anyway the packaging is superb. It's really the best one out of any game I have. The best part is the raised spindle in the hardened case, I can put all the other games of the battle cruiser series and a patch/utilities CD in the same case with room to spare.

Game installed fine, but I'm just waiting for the patch to download at the moment before I try it.

Yeah, apart from the still-in-development MMO, Universal Combat Online, the CE collection is the last one in the series I'm afraid. Unless of course ten years from now things change.

I have been thinking about following through on my Battlecruiser Next Gen plans though; complete with in-ship levels and whatnot. Maybe some day. But right now, the market for high-end niche games is a bit stale. Plus, I'm bored. With the lighter-fare GALCOM series, I'll get a much needed break I think. Since there are two titles being developed in tandem (and you'll know why, once I announce the reasons and post the first ever shots from Talon Elite and Bravo Team), I've got my hands full until at least 2009 before I decide where I'm going post-Bravo Team. Hopefully by that time, the MMO would have come far enough to be public Beta worthy.

And Take2 did a fab job on the materials. I didn't want to skimp on them since this is the last of the series. So I wanted to retire the old gal' in style.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, apart from the still-in-development MMO, Universal Combat Online, the CE collection is the last one in the series I'm afraid. Unless of course ten years from now things change.

I have been thinking about following through on my Battlecruiser Next Gen plans though; complete with in-ship levels and whatnot. Maybe some day. But right now, the market for high-end niche games is a bit stale. Plus, I'm bored. With the lighter-fare GALCOM series, I'll get a much needed break I think. Since there are two titles being developed in tandem (and you'll know why, once I announce the reasons and post the first ever shots from Talon Elite and Bravo Team), I've got my hands full until at least 2009 before I decide where I'm going post-Bravo Team. Hopefully by that time, the MMO would have come far enough to be public Beta worthy.

And Take2 did a fab job on the materials. I didn't want to skimp on them since this is the last of the series. So I wanted to retire the old gal' in style.

And for all of us who have been around since day one, you did and you have. After getting my CE edition, I found myself installing all the older versions for a trip back in time. It was a blast playing the original release again after all these years. It is amazing the progress you made with each successive release. I am not sure how the new titles you are coming out with will fit in my play universe. I am more of a full blown simulation Commander player like BC/UC is. I like controlling fleets and then controlling the assets of those fleets more than I like flying or doing myself. So it will be interesting to see what the new titles bring.

If there were two things I would have wished for in UC, it would have been the ability to capture bases on planet. The second thing which did exist for a bit in one of the titles, cannot remember which off the top, was the ability to have space marines fight in space around stations.. that was so cool. Why was that feature ever removed? I never did find out. Watching stations launch marines to counter your marines was actually some of the hardest battles I have played in.

Malakie

The second thing which did exist for a bit in one of the titles, cannot remember which off the top, was the ability to have space marines fight in space around stations.. that was so cool. Why was that feature ever removed? I never did find out. Watching stations launch marines to counter your marines was actually some of the hardest battles I have played in.

Malakie

I removed it because they were just cluttering the regions because, due to the vast expanse of the space regions and the relatively low speed of the jetpacks, they really couldn't do much combat, compared to marines on the surface. So yeah, I disabled the ability for cap ships to launch marines to attack stations and thus the ability for stations to deploy SFM counter measures.

I'll probably re-enable it in the next CE patch (with the dynamic weather revisions).

I removed it because they were just cluttering the regions because, due to the vast expanse of the space regions and the relatively low speed of the jetpacks, they really couldn't do much combat, compared to marines on the surface. So yeah, I disabled the ability for cap ships to launch marines to attack stations and thus the ability for stations to deploy SFM counter measures.

I'll probably re-enable it in the next CE patch (with the dynamic weather revisions).

that would be nice. but if I recall once the battle was over with, the marines didn't leave and no one bothered to recover them. So they just sat there in space. and marines always seemed to run out of ammo way too fast and never did anything about it once they were out as well.

heh, I remember one time parking my CC in a cloud of them. I hopped out and attatched myself to my CC and started picking them off as I walked to the aft of the ship. :)

that would be nice. but if I recall once the battle was over with, the marines didn't leave and no one bothered to recover them. So they just sat there in space.

Exactly. They just end up taking up processing time and serving no purpose other than being litter or laser fodder.

That was in fact another reason they were disabled. Those launched from stations can in fact RTB, but those launched from cap ships can't since the cap ship may have either left the region or been destroyed. Unlike crafts (fighters, shuttles, vehicles etc), space force marines don't have the same AI required to handle a missing RTB target.