Mass Effect PC Release

almostpilot

• 3 weeks later...

The game looks visually stunning, especially the char animations. I was asking someone who has played it on the console for more info and here was the response.

===

I guess my question about mass effect is the following. Is it a truly non-linear world you can explore and take whatever path you want, or is it a more linear scripted experience, where you do objective A, then B, then C?

===

It's a hybrid per say.

About a few hours into the game, you get a ship, and with it, the ability to travel the universe. At first glance, it seems that your options are so vast, with system after system, each one having a myriad of planets and moons to explore. But when you take a closer look at it, you realize that each system has precisely one place you can land on and explore, and even then you are cruising around a bland landscape in the worst handling automobile ever to grace a video game, looking for "points of interest". These usually consist of a node to mine that effectively has no bearing on the game, or a small platoon of people you shoot, and get a small bit of loot.

If you are going into it looking for a sandbox game with fantastic elements of story and script, you will be disappointed.

If you going into it looking for an action rpg with a fantastic story and script, with elements of a sandbox game, you'll be a happy camper.

It's all about that perspective.

===

So I guess it might not be as good as it could be, but it could still be a lot of fun :) I've never played it on the console myself so I'm just guessing here based on what I was told.