Round of applause for the UC/BC series

Stalintc

Hi all,

I have gotten round to getting a copy of UCCE after playing: (UCCE is downloading from GG now woot!)

- BC Millenium

- UC

- UCSE

And I must hand a huge round of applause to Derek and 3000AD for such an excellent series of capital ship focused space games! (Although they are more than just cap ship really, there is so much I cant think of a proper specific genre!!)

BC Millenium and UC had me entertained for years and never left my hard drive apart from a few formats ;)

From my point of view nothing out there comes close in depth and immersion than the games produced by Derek and I am continually impressed by the consistant love and attention Derek puts into his games! which has meant the BC/UC series has been up to date and top notch for such a long period of time. The sheer intensity of the larger space battles when they happen is amazing, dont we all just love watching beam weapons in action in large cap ship fights!!

The whole thing based around play it how you want it is very appealling and the series is never the same each time you start a new campaign, this is something which will always keep me coming back for more.

I look forward to getting involved with the the more fighter orientated games, but I will always be a solid cap ship lover :)

So all in all a big thanks to Derek and 3000AD for making quality games and I think we all owe them a big hurrah and best wishes on future releases!

Cheers

hehe, which is why I keep revising the ol' gal by doing as many minor tweaks as possible to UCCE, the final title in the series. Quite frankly, we will never - ever - see games of this type again. At least not in this life time.

Quite frankly, we will never - ever - see games of this type again. At least not in this life time.

Which is pretty sad, but then again I think this series was the only one of its type. The only other I can think of which is frankly not space related, is the Falcon 4.0 series which I am an avid lover of with its totally dynamic campaign environment! But even that sort of flight sim is a dying breed.

I certainly cannot bring to mind any others which are like this with full capital ship control in a dynamic environment. Boy do I love cap ships ;)

All I can say is keep making cool games SC!

Yep, very few games come close to the depth of Derek's space sim. (Ya, Falcon 4 is pretty deep. I enjoy playing that title also.)

I picked up my boxed copy of UC:CE only a week ago, and going back thru the campaigns. (Was glad to have found a boxed copy!) I have never tired of playing this awesome sim.

Games come and go, but very few of them stay in arms reach to fire up at will. The Battlecruiser series have alway's been one of them.

• 2 weeks later...

I will never forget the first time I exited my command craft and freaking walked on my ship for the first time. Then I zoomed out and was absolutely stunned at the sheer scale of the game again! I think SC you are lucky enough to have felt the faintest wisp of what God must have felt when the universe(s) got up and running. When all is said and done history will remember you fondly. Well done and thank you.

• 2 months later...

I've been hooked since I got the BC3K demo,way back when.I was impressed by the depth,scope,scale...THIS was the future of space sims,I am Kirk,Iam Adama.The only problem was it ran like an arthritic 3-legged dog on my craptacular machine :P

My 'Ultimate Wishlist' for the Battlecruiser franchise has always been short and have been discussed in their day:

Multi-monitors...bridge main veiwer on mon1,tacops ( perscan,logistics,et al. ) on mon2 would have been cool.

Ship interiors... even generic floorplans based on ship class would have been enough,but would have still been an un-godly amount of extra work.

Multi-player..... given the direction technology was heading and the game practically screams lan-party,we were probably going to get it eventually anyway.

The 10+ years of developing the same game into its next iteration sets the SC in a class well above the drones that would have just done a sequel in 'flavor-of-the-month'.

:wavey:

• 4 weeks later...

hehe... I'll admit that something about UC just keeps drawing me back and I've only played a small part of it.

I still remember the first time I landed a shuttle some distance from an enemy base and crept up on the base to enjoy some target practice or the time I lead an all out assault on a different base only to watch my fighter support fly into the ground due to low AI levels.......

I've not played for a while but I think I will have to load it up again and fire up a new roam mode session..... The galaxy is calling!

hehe... I'll admit that something about UC just keeps drawing me back and I've only played a small part of it.

I still remember the first time I landed a shuttle some distance from an enemy base and crept up on the base to enjoy some target practice or the time I lead an all out assault on a different base only to watch my fighter support fly into the ground due to low AI levels.......

I've not played for a while but I think I will have to load it up again and fire up a new roam mode session..... The galaxy is calling!

Heh i love UC 2, except the fact that ground missions or roaming needs to have updated graphics, but overall i love playing it.

I love killing people

I love trying to survive.

Heck, if i ever won the lottery half of it i would give to SC so he can make another awesome game.

Oh and SC

Your new game that will be out in two years better be damn good, lol, i hope it will be so much better than bridge commander.