a few words from an old UC junkie

Invisibleguy

IÆve never played the earlier Battlecruiser games, to young at the time I guess. However, I pretty much fell in love with the first UC when I finished reading the blurb on the back of the box, oh, so many years ago.

IÆve stuck with the original UC up until recently, mainly because I didnÆt have the funds to upgrade my pc. I woundup getting a new one not too long ago, then I moved to france for two weeks, and had to ditch most of my stuff. Hence the laptop. A few months after my return trip, I found myself with a bit of spare cash, so I got the ultimate space combat bundle, and have been enjoying the downloaded content ever since.

Well, hearing that UC CE is going to be the last title of itÆs kind, I just thought IÆd post my few cents.

To: SC & the 3000ad dev staff, IÆve enjoyed these simulations substantially, and IÆm grateful that people still put that much thought & effort into making videogames and software in general. IÆm sorry to hear that the last UC title has come and gone, but you have to admit it was a good run.

Sincerely, the invisible guy - I love to cloak :)

Oh, BTW SC, have you thought about adding Q-ships into UC? having a few transports with military grade PTA, main guns & sawping a few shuttles for fighters? & having them tagged identically to those stock transports, so you can't tell them apart til they start ripping you apart? just a thought

IÆve never played the earlier Battlecruiser games, to young at the time I guess. However, I pretty much fell in love with the first UC when I finished reading the blurb on the back of the box, oh, so many years ago.

IÆve stuck with the original UC up until recently, mainly because I didnÆt have the funds to upgrade my pc. I woundup getting a new one not too long ago, then I moved to france for two weeks, and had to ditch most of my stuff. Hence the laptop. A few months after my return trip, I found myself with a bit of spare cash, so I got the ultimate space combat bundle, and have been enjoying the downloaded content ever since.

Well, hearing that UC CE is going to be the last title of itÆs kind, I just thought IÆd post my few cents.

To: SC & the 3000ad dev staff, IÆve enjoyed these simulations substantially, and IÆm grateful that people still put that much thought & effort into making videogames and software in general. IÆm sorry to hear that the last UC title has come and gone, but you have to admit it was a good run.

Sincerely, the invisible guy - I love to cloak :P

Hi and thanks for your continued support.

Yes indeed, the old gal had a good run but I felt that it was time to move on and do something different (AAW/AOA) while trying to figure out how best to continue the series in order to be profitable in these current times. Which is why we're doing GCO, which - though slightly different - does not stray very far from the old model. Going that route was the only way to keep the series going. And even though some will complain about lack of single-player, solo play in GCO will have the same premise as in earlier games in that if you don't want conflict, you can pretty much avoid it. In fact, I am thinking of setting up non-PvP servers specifically for solo players. You can follow the discusion over in the GCO thread.

Oh, BTW SC, have you thought about adding Q-ships into UC? having a few transports with military grade PTA, main guns & sawping a few shuttles for fighters? & having them tagged identically to those stock transports, so you can't tell them apart til they start ripping you apart? just a thought

heh, yah I did, but unfortunately never found the time to follow through. So many ideas, so little time. :)