Line Of Defense Announced!

Supreme Cmdr

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Well I just made a account to say I'm quite excited for this game, as someone who loved the original planet side this game seems quite good, looking at the various weapons on the site was interesting, and mixing space combat with all this too is something I've always wanted from planetside not being bounce to the sky or ground but to go into the great vacuum of space but I had a few questions

1) 256 Players, I dont know how this will play out but feels oddly small, but not really complaining, is this due to engine/net/system specs? Or is it a developer choice and if was ever a problem could the numbers increase or is it solid set in stone 256 (I would also have a good afk check system or not allow multiple clients on one computer might be a good idea because if this has low system specs I could see people abusing a fight by making 20 people on the opposing side to camp)

2) I'm curious to the anti-theft system if I made a gun and put mods on it, would the anti theft system protect the gun and the mods, or is it just the gun?

3) My main grief with planetside 2 and the thing I felt balanced planetside 1 was the fact that other then a Rifle, Heavy Weapon, Rocket, Buggy, and Heavy Tank and then the rest of the objects where for everyone, where as planetside 2 get's the issue of the fourth faction... when a gun becomes so good pretty much people run over to that side... and then next patch it gets nerfed... they dont get kills anymore they move over... is this specific weapons for each side with very very little neutral weaponry (aka no mater what side your on you can use and make one), or more like planetside each side might get a special thing here and there but the vast majority is guns everyone can use?

4) Also I dont see sub machine guns, could that be a possibility in the future >.> <.< >.> (I love myself silenced SMG's)

Also wanted to say love some of the weaponry, like the wrist laser and such seems interesting, makes me miss the good ole days of fun weaponry in Planetside 1 like the rocketlet launcher, so all I can say right now is I'm interested in the game!

How's it going with this project Derek? I am a senior business analyst by day and hardcode gamer by night. I must cast doubt on any monetary gains the longer this drags on unless you have some hardcore VC in your pocket. Either way I just want to play this game.

• 4 months later...

I actully want to see how npc will work out in this game beacuse planetside couldn't do it but I want to see ai work like players.have some that have different personalitys like one who dont follow the command or solo by them self.I also like to see ai commander or squadleaders controlling

This game has none of that. The Androids are basic combat NPCs. They don't have personality and don't need one.