GUI alignment issues.. UCCE 2.0/Lyrian Conflict installed

Just ran across a GUI alignment issue in the Steam release of UCCE 2.0/3.0 Lyrian Conflict (is installed).

In load option, I selected UCCE to play (other option is Lyrian Conflict in the steam dialog). At first I was getting a black screen with nothing but the V2.00.03 showing in bottom right corner.

I "guessed" and was able to enter options and change my resolution from the default to 1920x1080 and save which reset and then properly showed the visuals for the main menu. However, all the 'hotspots' are off for all commands.

Screenshot included.... or not... I am unable to get a screenshot using the prt sc, FRAPs or any other tool I have.. comes out black..

Basically when you mouse over the commands in the main menu screen, the hotspot highlights but it is not over the command rather skewed to the right and down...

I am running currently on an ASUS G750vx Gaming laptop, 32 gig memory, Nvidia GTX770m graphics card, Intel 4700HQ i-7 core. (normally I run on a power system, SLI based top end screamer but am currently living the life in my '38 RV so the big rig is stored at the moment)

The laptop is recently upgraded to Windows 10 (the ONLY machine I have that I am doing so, sticking with Win7 otherwise). All drivers are current as of this writing including install of DX and other .Net library requirements.

My resolution default on this system is 1920x1080 native, 60hz.

Let me know if additional info is needed...

UPDATE: This problem occurs ONLY if you run UCCE 2.0 and not Lyrian Conflict. I went ahead and ran LC and it runs perfectly, no issues. Not a biggie but wanted to make you aware of the issue if running UCCE 2.0.

LOL just got my ass handed to me by insurgents boarding my ship.. Been so long I forgot all about how they love to steal shuttles and load them up with loot etc....

LOL just got my ass handed to me by insurgents boarding my ship.. Been so long I forgot all about how they love to steal shuttles and load them up with loot etc....

Hey! I resemble that statement! :)

-Sho

• 2 weeks later...

Though the game runs on Windows 10, it wasn't designed for it and currently does not have fully support for it.

So I have no clue what graphical issues are going to happen.

But the fact that v3.0 runs fine, is probably due to the current on-going work.

Since I'm not going to do any further work on v2.0x, you can just ignore the error.