Nuclear Disarmament

CommanderJohnson

Nuclear disarmament down to a defensive level is OK, but right now is not the time.

China is building it's offensive weaponry in order to catch up with us. It is NOT Russia that we should be making the pact with, Russia is no longer our enemy. Help Russia track and find their missing nukes and help get rid of them, OK fine, but until China can be convinced that building up nuclear weapons is not in their best interest, we need to hold onto our stockpiles, and be ready to use them on an aggressive China if that becomes necessary.

Russia needs help economically and politically, and yes, a good portion of their weapons need to be destroyed, but we need to keep OUR offensive capability until China is either A: no longer a threat, or B: we use them blowing China into a radioactive wasteland.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

Nuclear disarmament down to a defensive level is OK, but right now is not the time.

China is building it's offensive weaponry in order to catch up with us. It is NOT Russia that we should be making the pact with, Russia is no longer our enemy. Help Russia track and find their missing nukes and help get rid of them, OK fine, but until China can be convinced that building up nuclear weapons is not in their best interest, we need to hold onto our stockpiles, and be ready to use them on an aggressive China if that becomes necessary.

Russia needs help economically and politically, and yes, a good portion of their weapons need to be destroyed, but we need to keep OUR offensive capability until China is either A: no longer a threat, or B: we use them blowing China into a radioactive wasteland.

y do u think China is building up? cause the US has to damn many. and China doesnt care about america as much as the govt is making them out to. and if u blow China into a radioactive wasteland ull effect the whole world, so thats a very stupid idea, which makes anyone even more stupid if they are thinkin that as a course of action

quote:

China is building it's offensive weaponry in order to catch up with us.

Eh, then why the US keeps so many warheads?

China is building up on nukes for the same reason the US keeps some : because they want to defend themselves, knowing what the US think of them.

Dramatisation / kind of analogy :

- Your neighbour keep letting his dog pee and $#!7 on your terrain.

- You go see him and say "If your dog pees and $#!7 once more on my terrain, I'm going to shoot him!

- The next day, he goes out and buys himself a .22 rifle.

- Althought he stopped letting his dog go peeing and etc on your terrain, you still send him warnings, and in return, he packs up on ammo, spare rifles and pieces.

- YOU think he's going to let his dog pee on your terrain, and keep his rifle so to shoot you.

- HE is afraid that you will shoot his dog anyway, just to be sure he won't ever pee again on your terrain.

Oh and I can predict that if the US blow out China, it will loose any ally they have.

This could look like the start of another cold war, and you know what, this time I think the US would have started it.

I think the US need to find itself an enemy all the time so they can justify why to keep such a large army.

[ 07-15-2002, 12:34 AM: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]

Actually I think that we should start phasing out the large nukes in favor of more and smaller tactical types. Right now nuking someone is almost on the same level as strategic high level bombing was in WWII: all they do is "blanket" the area with explosives.

It's my personal belief that when the USSR collapsed the Cold War didn't end, it just shifted focus to China.

first of all, the invention of nuclear weapons was probably one of the stupides ideas thought up.

secondly, the U.S needs to finish the terrorist war we are fighting in the Middle East. after the leaders are appointed the U.S takes out it's troops and the UN finishes everything else up.

Eclipse, you have a good point that the cold war shifted focus to China.

the Cold War with Russia involved no fighting and just both countries wasting money on nukes and arguing about the other country doing this and that.

i'm only at 14 years but let me be in a generation where war did not start.

Nuclear weapons is the best thing that ever happened to this planet. After their invention, countries that have those weapons realize the conseqiences of using them, that's one of the majour reasons there was no WWIII between Russia and US. There was a cold war instead, which is also good, because "war is the mother of invention". Space race, and thousands of other inventions came about because one country was competing against another. Now, space exploration is stagnating, there's nobody to compete against, no reason to be first.

As for China, they are stockpiling their weapons not because they want to match US, but because they are literally running out of living space and eventually will want more territory. Why do you think they are only allowed to have 1 child? Because their country just can't handle anymore people, that's why. It's idiotic to assume that a country with the largest standing army in the world, and a place where everyone over 18 has had military training (it's mandatory), will not expand. What are you? Blind? They are selling their junk here, while using the money to beef up their military, not for research, not to build better products. Their products are all junk, but as long as they sell a lot of them to the fools in the US they still make out with the american $ for the military that can eventually be used against America. It's the same mentality here that we see from people saying that Sadam doesn't care about Israel and US, but just wants to be left alone, while he is siting there and is just waiting for a chance so that he can strike against Israel and US.

Anyway, having nuclear weapons is a must. Having educated people who maintain and know how to operate those weapons is a definite must. Protecting your country from potential enemy, you betcha it's a must. WAKE UP, THE WORLD IS NOT A FRIENDLY PLACE. What do you think, those people who travel into other countries and get killed, put in prison, maimed, raped, robbed are just freak occurances? No, it's because you have been cudled here in the US, while the most part of the world is as barbaric and primal as something you would see on discovery channel, probably even worse than that because man is involved, and mans mind has no limit on inventing cruelty.

I don't have to say a thing, Soback said it all. Sometimes I do have faith that there are people that actually see what is going on.

Thanks Soback!!

quote:

Originally posted by Soback:

Nuclear weapons is the best thing that ever happened to this planet. After their invention, countries that have those weapons realize the conseqiences of using them, that's one of the majour reasons there was no WWIII between Russia and US. There was a cold war instead, which is also good, because "war is the mother of invention". Space race, and thousands of other inventions came about because one country was competing against another. Now, space exploration is stagnating, there's nobody to compete against, no reason to be first.

As for China, they are stockpiling their weapons not because they want to match US, but because they are literally running out of living space and eventually will want more territory. Why do you think they are only allowed to have 1 child? Because their country just can't handle anymore people, that's why. It's idiotic to assume that a country with the largest standing army in the world, and a place where everyone over 18 has had military training (it's mandatory), will not expand. What are you? Blind? They are selling their junk here, while using the money to beef up their military, not for research, not to build better products. Their products are all junk, but as long as they sell a lot of them to the fools in the US they still make out with the american $ for the military that can eventually be used against America. It's the same mentality here that we see from people saying that Sadam doesn't care about Israel and US, but just wants to be left alone, while he is siting there and is just waiting for a chance so that he can strike against Israel and US.

Anyway, having nuclear weapons is a must. Having educated people who maintain and know how to operate those weapons is a definite must. Protecting your country from potential enemy, you betcha it's a must. WAKE UP, THE WORLD IS NOT A FRIENDLY PLACE. What do you think, those people who travel into other countries and get killed, put in prison, maimed, raped, robbed are just freak occurances? No, it's because you have been cudled here in the US, while the most part of the world is as barbaric and primal as something you would see on discovery channel, probably even worse than that because man is involved, and mans mind has no limit on inventing cruelty.

in that case i stand corrected.

You don't have to wait for Nick I'll say it ..We SHOULD all disarm. If we haven't learned anything from the dissolution of the USSR we should know that when these totalatarian states fold (and fold they will) where are all those toys and the bright guys who made them going to end up? Any guesses? That is reason enough. However , and it's a big however, the option of total disarmament is no longer open to us.

As much as I hate to admit it we need a nuclear deterrent because the technology to build these weapons is out there and cannot be "taken back"

Anyone who thinks that the Chinese nuclear build up is directly linked to the ours is clearly misinformed. Our nuclear arsenal while more effective is smaller than ever.

I beleive that like the USSR China will collapse and it won't be because of an arms race it will be because the allure of freedom and free

markets will win out just as it did in Russia.

You can only subvert peoples human rights for so long before they say "enough".

Until then we must remain vigilant