FAQ, where is it?

Hab

Hi guys, my first posting.

Long ago I took a brief look at the first installment of battlecruiser, went totally crazy when I discovered lounges and prison cells in the battlecruiser because of the variety of play suggested by it.

I tried to take the assets out for a spin, but couldn't land crafts, could not control orbits or anything.

Basically, I left the series alone for all these years though I occasionally picked up something here and there that suggested that the series had rid itself of its many child sicknesses.

Now I am waiting to jump on UC. Problem is that I can't see a FAQ document anywhere, and most posts refer to abbreviations and functions from the predecessors which I don't understand.

I have many questions, but I would like to have read a FAQ document first.

And before you ask, I haven't used the search feature yet. But will do so once I have submitted this post.

Hi... first of all you'll need properly register your copy of the game (if you hadn't do that yet...) and put your system info in your signature......

So please read:

..... THIS

and DO THIS

and in the end READ THIS

Bye

(dennymala he probably doesn't have any of the games because he's waiting on UC. SC has allowed n00bs to register in order to find out about the new game)

Hab, welcome to the Battlecruiser boards, and if you're looking for a feature list for UC, you can check:

UC Feature list and System Requirements

UC Screenshot page

UC General Discussions forum

That should get you started... most of the info can be gleaned from those areas.

1800 Posts btw

Not that I'm counting

Thank you,

I don't have a copy of any of the previous games. As I said, I am new to this series. Drawn here by two things:

* Vague memories of an awkward playing experience in another millenium with what looked to be the most awesome thing I ever laid my eyes on, but seemed half done at the time.

* The rumor of a new game called Universal Combat after an interview I read in Gamespot which stirred the memory mentioned above.

Am I on the wrong board, or something? I am looking for some more detailed info on the upcoming game, and ask my questions, and I will either run to the gameshop and join the community or crawl back into my cave, go to sleep and check out the progress of the game series NEXT millenium

I have read the discussions on UC specific boards, but they seem to mostly be on the same page. I know one is supposed to read the manual before posting, but surely that cannot apply for UC as the game is not out yet.

EDIT: Thank you, $ilk.

Sorry... didn't get that...... I doesn't know the SC were becoming such sweet..... ..... I thought he register an old game to gain access to posting.......

However compliments $iLk..... 1800 posts.... you've been around for a while....

It's cool dennymala, you were only being helpful to a newcomer... I think it was posted in the BetaTester forum anyway so you probably wouldn't know.

And hopefully that's enough info for him to get started on...

And the biggest difference with the newest game is the engine upgrades... my those screenies look spiffy!