Interplanetary Medium and other ramblings...

Chief, I was just wandering if there had been any changes as to the make-up of the regions (barring of course the already announced graphic improvements).

1) Will there be any nebulae we could fly through? If some star systems lay inside a nebula then a "fog" (somewhat like the cloud layers on planets) would permeate those regions, limiting visual range and severely affecting sensor range.(the possibilites for ambushes and other gamplay issues! WOW!)

2) So far we can fly to each planet in a solar system, but will we be able to fly to the Star itself? The 3020 trailer had a wicked cool sun graphic!! Plus sensors would be unreliable there due to the EMP the sun gives out (or something).

3) Any plans for an Asteroid Belt? Debri fields are cool, but IMHO its hard to picture junk and asteroids clobbered in a tight package... nature aint that cooperative :-)

4) Though this doesn't fall exactly into the interplanetary medium category; it would be very cool if cap ships didnt blow up, but rather burned and left a hulk you could tow (or have your marines rip into pieces and then store in your Cargo Bays) and sell for scrap (lotsa minerals in a ship's hull).

5) Will we have bodies floating around? :-) Space Marine battle or a ship explosion=lotsa flesh freezing&roasting in zero-g. Maybe those corpses could be "collected"...and EP's given for each body (think of it as "finding documents in the corpses which help intel" kinda thing).

6) Random Ion Storms or other hazards? (which would prompt for rescue & recovery missions in FF!... and for the old "salvage the derelict" scenario).

7) Derelicts or abandoned ships found in asteroid belts or in some previously unexplored region? (find a Droidian ship...and the Droidians will be after you for taking their tech hehehe).

I guess that's it for the medium and region make-up...one more thing though, and I know I suggested this a long time ago, but with the new "fog of war" (thank you so much for it!!!! *smile!*) and new galaxy and stuff, has there been any thought on giving players the maps of key regions and letting them "explore and map" the other regions by themselves? I say this because in Privateer you had to buy the maps for each quadrant, and that was rush! I was one of those who was so cheap (and wanted to "find things out by myself) that I would fly my Tarsus around the system looking for jump points (heck, I found the Retro jump point at the beggining of the game! LOL). In BC multiplay, if players could also trade maps, it would be awfully cool (and the maps could differ in quality depending on the sensor the "explorer" ship had). Just an idea, feel free to give it a "thumbs down" :-) (its better than the "cut throat" gesture I so dread around here hehehe).

quote:

5) Will we have bodies floating around? :-) Space Marine battle or a ship explosion=lotsa flesh freezing&roasting in zero-g. Maybe those corpses could be "collected"...and EP's given for each body (think of it as "finding documents in the corpses which help intel" kinda thing).

Man, wouldn't that duty suck?

COMMANDER: RIPPEN!!!!!!!!!

RIPPEN: Yes sir, here sir...

COMMANDER: Rippen, I've had enough of your shinanigans. I'm willing to forgive the fact that you turned the frequency in the sonic showers all the way up to the max. A few marines won't be hearing to well for a while, but they'll get over that. But turning off the magnets in Ensign Jones' magnetic boots is the last straw. As far as we know, he's still in orbit around Mars.

RIPPEN: *sly grin*

COMMANDER: Wipe that grin off your face son. You've just pulled Clean Up Duty. Now get out there to that battle cruiser we just destroyed and bring me back every person you find floating around out there.

RIPPEN: awe crap...

COMMANDER: What was that?

RIPPEN: Nothing sir!

*ROFTL!*

Just imagine it Rippen! You blow up Commander X's BC and then you get to walk in the burnt BC, head towards the bridge and find Commander X dead on his seat. Search his body, remove his implants.. search the computer for info... and then tie Commander X to a rope and drag him half across the galaxy on your BC. Muahahaha.

*G*

I can just see that in multiplayer:

Commander X: "give me my corpse back you... Just wait till I get another ship!!!!"

It's bad enough to have your ship blown out from under you, but to have the enemy's marines board your ship and steal your recently deceased body, now that would really suck.

Hear's another possibility. Warning: I know how much work this would be, so if the SC decides to implement this, I vote we promote him to god. (Mind you that's what I thought about the Strike Pack) What if it wasn't your bridge that was hit, but engineering instead? There you are, sitting on the bridge of your now dead ship, watching the air run out, and THEN the enemy's marines board you and take you prisoner? Now that would be awesome!!

(Patiently waits to be thrown in the brig with TAC)

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

Certifiable.

But then, insanity is the only way to earn the rank of Commander in GalCom, right?

Protective disclaimer:

This insanity is temporary and passes upon promotion above Commander.

------------------

Commander Badgerius, GCV Diligence

*laugh*

That is also another great possibility!!!

Or if the SC puts in the much needed toilets *G*, you could scan Commander X's ship, wait till HE'S in the bathroom... send intruders, cut off artifical gravity and... hehehe.

(do I see a "prankster" Commander doing this to every ship he finds?)

No, seriously now...chief, any *thumbs up* or *thumbs down* or *maybe* on any of my points?

Oh BTW, the Starion's turrets remind me so much of the machine guns we put on our river patrol boats... I can't help myself of imagining a Marine strapped to one of em, a big grin on its face as it fires off.

HEY!!! Will the Marine's weapons affect a fighter? Deploy 20 marines to the hull... 20 PTA!!! Whooohooooo!!! :-)

"Resnig! Magnetize those ATV's and roll em off to the ventral side of the Starion!!"

:-)

It is not insanity Chief... its complete madness!!!! *kicks Resnig outta the docking bay into space* (I WILL do this in 3020..just wait to see my pics hehehe).

PD: Resnig *will* have an explosive decompression wont he? Pleaassseee!!

ROFLMAO, God Tac, you are gonna kill me. I love all of those ideas above. PLEASE SC PLEASE!!! wink.gif GIMME, GIMME, GIMME!!!!! smile.gif

------------------

Jaguar

This is not just a game,

It's a life unto itself!!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Macon De'Witt

IF the SC aproves of colecting body parts in 3020 I want a rear-veiw mirror so I can hang the heads of my ex-enemies from it!

CMDR Macon De'Witt

GCV-Dark Flight

"It is the hard heart that kills"

[This message has been edited by Macon De'Witt (edited 05-06-99).]