GHQ sneak peak

Supreme Cmdr

quote:

heh, Rattler, we should plan a BC convention (I think we planned that awhile back) once BCM goes Gold then you can all come and visit. I guess my CD-ROM burner will be working overtime that weekend.

Heh! I got some frequent flier miles banked up......Could Happen! Tac, where you live? Lot closer than I do! Ok kiddies, let's start the prelim ground work for the 3000A.D. Invasion! I've got a couple or 4 Insurgents dropping by the Den around the 10th of June. Don't know if I could control them if they knew just how far you were, or weren't from the Den in some cases. At any rate, we'll be in touch SC! biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Long dead but eternal in time and space.

Forgive us NOT for what we do,

We merely take your place!" - Rattler

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that is purely AWESOME!!!

C'mon people, leave the SC alone now so he can finish the game, and put it in our hands. wink.gif

------------------

CMDR GREG MILLER (GMAN)

ORION FLEET

EXECUTIVE OFFICER

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - SARK

ICQ 64202480

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'The righteous care about justice for all,

but the wicked have no such concern.'

[email protected]

Orlando is where I live ol' Rat!

Ya know, if we all gather some money, we can each send the SC a pizza a day, that way he can code more per day... we would be eliminating his need to stand up, cook, wash dishes, etc... definite increase in performance per day! And if we also catherize him he would be even more time efficient!! wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

What say you SC? A little yellow bag hanging by the monitor, pizza boxes all over the floor... yeah!! BC:M will be finished in no time! *grin*

(is it noticable I just got my hands on a really sick book? whooo eeee!)

quote:

I've got a couple or 4 Insurgents dropping by the Den around the 10th of June.

Plus one Galcommie Rattler biggrin.gif

Gotta love that eye candy. Convention 2000 here I come smile.gif

TTFN and lookin' good SC

Doh! I keeps forgetting that Ye not be one of the chosen few Corsair! I got'ta work on that one I guess! Dang, SC imposing this moritorium sure throws a wrench into the effort though! Oh well, You are hereby granted Amnesty whilst within the confines of Rattler's Den. That should keep Antilles, Stickman, and Chavik off your six. I'm not promising anything from myself! biggrin.gif

Now back on subject! GHQ sure does look good SC. Mind telling me where YOUR office is located there? I'll want the quickest route to My Future Lounge! smile.gif

Great work guys! Keep 'Em Coming! wink.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

[This message has been edited by Rattler (edited 05-20-2000).]

Hey Rattler I live in Polk county so i've got plans to drive down to the den if its ok with you ...Still got to find away down tho..maybe i'll go do a black ops raid of the sc's office and gather what intell i can before the 40 armed cyborgs get to me.

------------------

COMMANDER BOSCH

ORION FLEET

TSUNAMI BATTLE GROUP

GCV - OBENBONE

"For Orion Home and Soul we guard you"

*chuckle*, you guys are truly insane. heh, you're excited now? Just wait until I get it out of internal dev Beta and into the hands of the external testers...there'll be chaos on this board, to say the least.

Got to get all those NDAs sorted out (mental note to self: call Eric) before I can even send the CD-ROMs out, cuz you can't download the game anyway.

NDA???? Something legal, right?

------------------

Cmdr. Rico 'V_ger' Jansen

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 16 Squadron Commander

1st Squadron, (The Guarddogs)

"... to boldly show, where no one has gone before"

NDA=Non-Disclosure Agreement. Basically gives Derek Smart legal persmission to go down there and beat you over the head with a large blunt object if you give out internal info on this game nobody else is supposed to know smile.gif

Well, I'm just exaggerating.. you'd just be punted off the beta team... although there might be some other horrible things he can do too, I've never really worked too much with an NDA before, save the time I tested Everquest.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you feel like dropping in, keep going untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

I had a feeling it was a Non-Disclosure-something. Makes every bit of sense. The man has to make a living and competition is high. Anyway, thanks for the info.

------------------

Cmdr. Rico 'V_ger' Jansen

GCV-de Ruyter

Prime fleet

Gamma Wing, 16 Squadron Commander

1st Squadron, (The Guarddogs)

"... to boldly show, where no one has gone before"

See? I told you guys the game was finished!, they just had to keep it and play for a while so they could stand a chance against us in MP! > IWhere do I sign? biggrin.gif

(Hmm..seems the chaos is starting already Chief... you will see a lot of campers in you back yard, ready to sign that NDA MUAHAHA)

*goes to lunch before the boss sees him typing in a forum instead of working*

ROTFLMAO!!! Tac, are you off your meds again?

Actually the NDA (which Tac and his cronies in the official Beta team, as well as Parias, SpacePhish, Steve Schacter and a few others I will invite, have to sign) has to be signed and returned before I send the CD-ROM's (which are serialized) out. So, if it leaks, I know who leaked it. The first external Beta version is on CD-ROM and all future updates can be download cuz they are smaller. I was going to do an open beta, but will all the copy cats out there* these days, I ain't taking any chances.

*Get a load of this: http://pc.ign.com/news/19800.html

Mail that darned NDA ASAP Boss! I'll gladly sign it in blood if that's what you want! wink.gif

As to that Lecherous Chris Roberts, You know my feelings about HIM and his kind! You have my permission to release my mini-rant to these guys if you care to. I just can't do it due to sanctity of address sent to. Man, don't even get me started again on this one!

Tac, break out that Flak Jacket and those goggles! If this thing doesn't surface soon, "We're going in!" biggrin.gif

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

quote:

..which Tac and his cronies in the official Beta team, as well as Parias..

*Whump!*

Someone break out the smelling salts, and call a doctor.. I think I'm hallucinating! smile.gif"><P>I------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you feel like dropping in, keep going untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

I just have to say that........if this game does even 1/10th of the things you've shown us so far SC. Im going to be a happy man for many many months!! The list of features seems endless.

How the hell do you keep track of it all?? smile.gif

------------------

COMMANDER CARLTON

ORION FLEET

GROUND OPERATIONS OFFICER

HEREFORD STARBASE

GCV DEATHBRINGER

ICQ 53203014

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

"Peace is something you only get when you're dead"

Guest Ron Wallin

hehe, parias, that means no HARDNEWS coverage... gonna have to choose which is more important smile.gif

Anyway, send me that darn NDA. Heck, i've got a digital sig somewhere around here that's legal and binding.

As for Chris, I read a bit of his interview. This caught me as something, well, stupid:

quote:

The remnants of humanity are scattered and flee to the other side of the galaxy. They create this new alliance; a new empire of man that is composed of four ruling houses -- House Bretonia, House Rheinland, House Kusari and House Liberty...

It sounds really familiar... Oh yeah, where's the Guild, the Fremen, House Atreides, House Harkonnen...

Is it too much to ask for a bit of originallity?

Naw, why try to be original when you can rip somebody else off and call it your own idea...it's the American dream!

Oh yeah...I was practicing writing my signature the other day *cough* and I must say that it's pretty darn good, *ahem* Did I mention that beta testing is one of my hobbies? I didn't? Well, that's strange...

wink.gif

hehe, Rippen I have you on my invite list. Speaking of which, I'll publish the list of new invites next week when I get the chance.

So far, apart from the current external testers, I have an invite list consisting of those I deem trustworthy of the honor. Beyond that, I'm going to pick about 5 more names from a ballot of other regulars (who are not on my invite list)....We need the fodder. biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 05-21-2000).]

Can't wait to see the list Boss! I have a couple of people in mind, should they not make your initial list, that I'd be willing to Ballot for since we will be needing fodder! As always, Yours is the FINAL Ballot cast, so I know it will be a good list! biggrin.gif"><P>Don

------------------

Rattler, Insurgent One

Commander-In-Chief,

Insurgency

Official BC3K Tester

[email protected]

ICQ 12894104

"Arise, Old Insurgents,

Don't worry Ron, I wasn't about to explain to someone what an NDA was and then promptly go and break one smile.gifMy skull isn't ready for gross deformations yet! Hehe

Oy, I've been dreaming about this since day one.. of course, don't be surprised if you see me floating about out there trying to re-create the missions from Freespace 2, just slowly back away and go in the other direction..... smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

SC, I volunteer to be fodder! smile.gif Although, I may not be easy fodder! Just challenging fodder!

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

Great looking pics, SC. Can't wait to see the final product. Looks like I know where my sleeping time is going this summer. But you may want to be wary, because that fodder could always turn nasty on you. wink.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Benjamin Somerset

GCV Swiftsure

*1st Squadron, *SIN Wing

Stationed, *Starstation Wrath

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go into harm's way." - John Paul Jones

ICQ 32545391, CST

=TDY Wraith Fleet=

Dragon - Order of the Jade Dragon

Prime Fleet Liason Officer