Dev Diary Issue #3

Supreme Cmdr

• 3 weeks later...

Development Diary #3 is a good read, SC! Lots of cool information there, keep up the good work!

------------------

Cmdr ShoHashi

Spectre Fleet

Commanding Officer, PreComm Crew, StarStation New Frontier

ICV Aries

ICQ 484321

[email protected]

"Attack With Effectiveness"

SC-It almost makes you want to get down and dirty again. Maybe I should give up the DREADNAUGHT and pick up a sniper rifle and get some target practice on all those high ranking rebels lurking around the Insurg. bases >------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security; G3 Tactics (Acting)

Shipsmotto: "Retreat? Hell!"

[This message has been edited by Maxamillian (edited 05-26-2000).]

My Reaction when reading Dev Diary: 3...."hrmm this is getting intresting...wait a second...is that the feature I think it is..AAUUUUUUGH!!!!! GIMME GIMME GIMMEE!!!" I can't wait! I'm more than tempted to join the fellas in raiding your secret lab of doom *G* Oh and by the way...some of us would love to fly as a missle wink.gif

Keep the info coming, I love reading it!

------------------

Commander Yazin Re'trat

Spectre Fleet

CSO Dakoit Starbase

ICV Lightspeed

Maaaaaaaaann.. BCM is like Tribes meets Codename Eagle meets Freespace 2/Tachyon/Insert-your-favorite-space-shooter-here

God, I can't wait to see the look on those naysayer's faces when this baby comes out and rocks the world.... of course, I'll do my best to be humble and calmly accept them into the community... convincing them to buy the game..... then, I strike swiftly, with 1,000 Vagrants of DOOM! UWA HAHAHA!!!

*Falls out of his chair cackling like a psychotic murderer*

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you feel like dropping in, keep going untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

I am so excited I can't even GET excited biggrin.gif! With ALL of these options LIFE is recreated again.

*And Chris is still trying to figure out what life is all about* smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Chris Alan Blair

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV-Ticonderoga

Hey that's actually not a half bad idea... organized events! Humvee Racing.. Marine decathalons, cross-country runs.. it could all work! smile.gif

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

Spectre Fleet

Chief Engineer, Starstation Destiny

ICV-Galatae

Staff member at HardNews

"Next time you feel like dropping in, keep going untill you get to a river, and THEN drop in." -Jake Logan

Hey! That's a really good idea! Set us a part from the other on-line gaming communities it would. Instead of blasting guts and bright explosions, we'd could have the Annual Galactic Olympics! We could have endurance races (using fatigue factors), sharpshooting, swimming, pole vaulting with jetpacks! And to top it off, the main event would be the 10 mile dash! Why are they dashing? Because in 10 minutes the losers from all the other games will come after them with...with...

*takes medication*

Ahhh...that feel happy... smile.gif

Guest Baraka

Great dev diary, SC! I'm off to buy some new underwear...

BTW,I think the idea of a remote control missile would really rock! Modern-day Tomahawk missiles have a camera mounted somewhere to let the operators make visual-course corrections, don't they?

Also - I reckon nominating a planet for regular Space Olympic meetings would be great! Who's got the fastest marines, then, eh? Although it could be tricky policing the performance-enhancing drug taking of those Galcom cheats! (heh heh)

------------------

Commander Baraka

Spectre Fleet

Head Chef, ICV Utu

[email protected]

ICQ# 67624118

"What does not kill us makes us stronger"

I'll park the Diligence in orbit, to use as a launching platform for the "Marine freefall competition"...

------------------

Commander S. Badgerius

GCV-Diligence

Prime Fleet

S36 Commander, Gamma Wing

*Vorpal continues to think of devious ways to get all Insurgents into one place at one time...*

Joke! smile.gif

Actually what I think would be really cool is if someone built a huge stadium for this, complete with obstacle courses etc...Hmmm... will have to revisit this idea after BC:M is released... =)

I have a feeling that this qualifies as straying too far off topic...

*Vorpal looks at brig out of the corner of his eye [Nervous Laugh]*

[This message has been edited by Vorpal (edited 05-28-2000).]

quote:

These, btw, are my version of the modern day Tomahawk. They'll never see it coming....

I like these little buggers biggrin.gif

I agree with the FF - the more ye toke, the longer it takes to get from pont A to point B. This should keep the slaggers at arm distance ... for a while at least wink.gif

TTFN

The AX25 is currently the only system that fires ALARMs. It won't fire unless it actually has a designated target. So, someone needs to point the TDU at the target (say an enemy's comms building), fire the beam and keep it constant for about a minute. This illuminates that target on the TACSCAN with a different color. From that point on, any AX25 that fires an ALARM, will have that missile go straight to the target. If the TDU beam goes off before the required period, the target will not have a unique identifier on radar and the AX25 won't be able to fire. Once an ALARM is in flight, it no longer needs input from the TDU or the AX25. It is self-guiding and will get to the target unless it is shot down. Even if the target goes out of scope, the ALARM will still detonate at that same point. So if an ALARM is in flight and the target was already blown up, and the guys who blew it up hang around chewing gum, that inbound ALARM will still remain guided and inpact that location.

Because ALARMs are deadly and precise, its going to take skill and teamwork to even be able to designate a target, let alone do it long enough to have an AX25 launch.

Well, I must say that is ALOT of objects to model and texture. I congratulate you guys on getting it done. Or at least nearly done.

------------------

Cmdr. Antilles

Spectre Fleet

Spectre Starstation

ICV- Eclipse

Chief Security Officer

Learning is not compulsory... Neither is survival.