New Interface Shots

Supreme Cmdr

I like the adition of the crew member info next to their picture.

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those detractors that said that the graphics were poor will be eating their words. These are some of the best renderings that I have seen. The details are outstanding guys, thanks. The wait is killing me >------------------

Cmdr. Maxamillian (MAX)

GCV-Dreadnaught, GALCOMHQ (Earth)

Prime Fleet

G2 Intelligence/Security; G3 Tactics (Acting)

"Retreat? Hell!"

SC , question i know that you can import a foto in bcm , but can others see your photo in multiplayer or so ?? it would rock if everybody takes a head photo with the shoulders on it , and create a sig on your right shoulder of your fleet your in.. use photoshop.. idea or what?

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

Eclipse: Yes, I did that so that you had an at-a-glance look at them and not have to worry about Tactical or the CVD.

Max: heh, thats nothing - wait till you see the new planetary terrain engine that you run around on.

Jamont: Yes. In multiplayer, just like in the game, when someone speaks, you will see their pic (human or NPC). Since you can change every crew member's pic by just replacing them with pics of the same name at a resolution of 128x128, you can change all the crew pics, including yours -which is named FCMDR.BMP or MCMDR.BMP depending on what sex you are playing as.

Thanks for the reply sc.

Cool this game is gonna rock so hard that even my grandchildren in about 40 years orso smile.gif will play it ..

hehe so i can see someone others pic dont like it and shoot his ass smile.gif just kidding guys and gals? (btw are there any gals that play this game ??)

------------------

Commander Nick Jamont

GCV Prophecy IV, ISSHQ (Saturn)

Intel & Espionage Wing Leader - ISS Fleet

"silence is gold"

I absolutely LOVE the icons!!!

... I seem to remember that idea from somewhere.... hmmmm biggrin.gif

Simple AND intuitive!!

That will surely shut up all the interface critics and those who say the game is too hard because they don't want to spend the effort to learn the game... and they look awesome too!

------------------

Vice Admiral Andergum

ICV Gummy 1, New America StarStation (Midae)

Fleet Leader - Eversor Fleet

http://www.firstworld.net/~andergum/

ICQ # 215323

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series.

[This message has been edited by Andergum (edited 09-18-2000).]

quote:

Originally posted by Andergum:

snip icons

That will surely shut up all the interface critics and those who say the game is too hard because they don't want to spend the effort to learn the game... and they look awesome too!

Blah, you give them too much credit!  Those who are already incompetent will remain so.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

S.O.G. Home

OK, they are now official and I've added about 10 more screens. Go to the link in my first post.

As youc an see, BCM also runs in a window and at higher than 640x480, the Frontend sub-system is also in a window making Logistix, Tactical et al, appear to be proper systems, rather than being detached from the main sub-system as in BC3K v2.0.(...don't worry, none of that makes sense to me either, now that I've read it again. It sure made sense while I was typing it. OK, time for more coffee)

I see there are 16 little boxes next to the IC icon and 4 next to shuttle... does that mean there is a possibility of having 16 interceptors???

Just hoping...

------------------

Vice Admiral Andergum

ICV Gummy 1, New America StarStation (Midae)

Fleet Leader - Eversor Fleet

http://www.firstworld.net/~andergum/

ICQ # 215323

Official Tester, Battlecruiser Series.

Gum: I'd assume so, as, if I recall correctly, there are a few vessels out there capable of holding 16 Interceptors smile.gif

I like the way the design is layed out though, you can easily see the status of each ship. Really nice.

------------------

Cmdr. Parias

ICV-Galatae, Awaiting final assignment

Balor Fleet

ICQ 1293359

Staff member at HardNews

quote:

Originally posted by Parias:

Gum: I'd assume so, as, if I recall correctly, there are a few vessels out there capable of holding 16 Interceptors
smile.gif

Stormcarriers held the max back in 3000 A.D. at 12 (4 x S Fighter, 4 x P21 Vandal, 2 x Corsair, 2 x Interdictor). Who knows what modifications have been made in the last ten years?

quote:

I like the way the design is layed out though, you can easily see the status of each ship. Really nice.

I agree, and having seen the shots the SC's comments make perfect sense.

------------------

Commander Tyrn Marcel

GCV Falcon, Wraith HQ (Lyrius)

Wing Leader - Wraith Fleet/S.O.G.

"Hard, Fast, Furious... FIRST!"

S.O.G. Home

I know exactly what you are talking about SC. Those shots are simply amazing.

One odd thing though, as I am looking at the Tactical and Logistic interface shots, I find myself clicking my mouse on those buttons, expecting something to happen. Well, it doesn't, but here's to Wishful Thinking! wink.gif

------------------

Commander Greg Miller

GCV - Sark, Orion Starstation (CENTRIS)

Fleet XO, Wing Leader, Tsunami Battle Group

www.orion-hq.fsnet.co.uk

'Here cometh the storm!'

Guest aramike01

Thanks for pointing that out, Greg. I thought I was crazy in doing that! wink.gif

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

The reason you see 16 boxes is because thats the max amount of fighters any carrier can have. So far, only the Stormcarrier has 12.

So, if you are playing as a Gammulan Military (the only race/caste with access to a Stormcarrier, unless you happen to actually steal one), 12 of those 16 boxes will be active.

But, I put 16 in for future expansion. You guys know me already - am gonna wake up one morning and give every carrier 16 fighters. biggrin.gif

And there are 4 next to the shuttles because thats the max any craft can have.

Other things you guys would like to know is that the I have put boxes near the command craft for 4 sub-systems(nid,cvd,tacscan,tacops) which allow you to activate and jump to the mode immediately. It also have a preview mode so that as you move your mouse over the system's icon (the ones next to the display), the mode will pop-up and show you what mode its in and if you do want to set that mode, you just click the button. Doing this, you can, for eg, preview what probe settings you have in the nid, without actually activating the mode, and just move your mouse away, leave the current mode (eg the nav map) as-is. Same with tacscan, you can now click to go into STT or any other mode and all the cvd modes work the same way. So, say you have vid cam as the cvd mode, but you want to see the stats of your crew, you can just preview the csd mode without actually activating it.

Wow biggrin.gif Like a pig in slop I am and not for just a very minor thing either. Officer roster Fonts looks good as does the rest SC IMO. I take that we (as in the players) will be able to custom config the old joystick arena cool.gif

Those peashooter drivers don't have a snownall's chance once I gets me Saitek X38 caddie FCS going smile.gif

TTFN

This has got to stop. Teasing isn't fair. biggrin.gif The new screen shots have always looked great but this new interface functionality sounds wonderful. Info at a click. And Iconized too.

Lemme see it. Please. I won't say a word. Inaudible grunts maybe but not a word. smile.gif I am excited now. As if multiplayer wasn't enough.

------------------

Vice Admiral Chavik

ICV Phoenix, Sygan Starstation (Sygan)

Fleet Leader - Balor Fleet

Official BC3K Tester

Bring on the pain....someone let one of Rattler's crew in the building. The result?

www.3000ad.com/pics/bcm/photo213.jpg

Yes, Gallion, you can configure an insane amount of control options. See all those options on the right? Each one is about 1-2 pages long. Do the math and you'll see what I mean. Its insane, really.

[This message has been edited by Supreme Cmdr (edited 09-19-2000).]

Guest aramike01

I'll be the first to lay claim to this fine piece of work!!!

SC, you sure you like GALCOM???

quote:

Two hours to reconstruction

With engineering crews like that, guess so. wink.gif

------------------

Vice Admiral Michael Kristophers

ICV-Intrepid Spectre (Antis)

Fleet Leader

Spectre Fleet

Looks like they can repair GHQ fast enough for us to take out in training exercises smile.gif

------------------

Commodore Kyle Antilles

ICV-Eclipse, Destiny Starstation (Nevuela)

Commanding Officer, Destiny

Spectre Fleet