Things that make you go...whoa!!!

Supreme Cmdr

Not quite cooked yet, but its steaming...

I have updated the shots and posted a blurb on GNN.

www.3000ad.com/shots/bcmshots10.shtml

The 24 TGA files from which those JPEGs were converted, are available below. Should be 30, but I think I accidentally deleted the first six. Oh well.

BCM TGA files

[ 04-25-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A watched pot never boils, but it sure is agony watching. Just bogatious, these dangeling carrots are almost in reach. The shots are great. All you guys have done it. The long wait since 1996 will be worth it.

Thanks SC,,,

'MAX'

Those shots are PARTICULARLY sweet.

AND I CAN'T PLAY THIS GAME!!!!!!!! *sob*

This is slowly killing me.

Q: The final shot has a different contrail. Is this because it's a different fighter, os is that the afterburner contrail? (I wonder because it looks a whole lot chunkier...)

I think that last one is the particle contrails. Very nice, SC.

My thoughd on the 301 pic. Looks like someone slammed into the ground and the engines are still running.

quote:

I think that last one is the particle contrails.

Yep. The other shots use the less expensive bitmap type. Then I went into Config, switched to particles type and took another shot.

quote:

My thoughd on the 301 pic. Looks like someone slammed into the ground and the engines are still running.

Nope. Thats a bug in the contrails renderer. It didn't clear up when I left the planet and returned to space. Should be fixed soon.

Derek,

Visual effects just keep getting better as you have predicted. You have not only put together a great game but from the looks of it a great team. Those years of hard knocks certainly appear to be paying off.

"Hmm... different contrails for different craft.... oops.. no... stop thinking like that.. got to get this game out."

Oh, my God

This is sooo awesome !!!

I never expected these contrails to look so cool, even the bitmap-based ones! They even seem to actually come out from the exhausts.

Can the contrail length be controlled so that, e.g., they grow longer when the ship is accelerating?

This is so cool!! I'm also drooling over that TacOps screenshot where you're observing the planet with the new terrain.

Kicks ass, dude!!

To tell you the truth I had stopped being amazed at what this game can do a long time ago (everything about the game is amazing), but when I saw the new shots, my eyes doubled in size and I said holy sh*# that looks good. And I was amazed all over again. Like falling in love for the very first time. Ohhhh I feel so tingly inside now.

Keep it up, SC.

quote:

Can the contrail length be controlled so that, e.g., they grow longer when the ship is accelerating?

Yes. But am not going to do it

quote:

They even seem to actually come out from the exhausts.

They do

quote:

This is so cool!! I'm also drooling over that TacOps screenshot where you're observing the planet with the new terrain.

...thats nothing. You should see it in action.

quote:

Great Work SC, those shots are just about photo quality.

nah. They lose a lot of clarity due to the JPEG compression. I will release some TGA shots in a few mins - so that you can tell the difference.

Already on it... 65% at 263k/second. You sure know how to find the nice hosts SC At first I thought it was only 3 megs or something.. had to see why a supposed 20 meg file was going so damn fast!

I think I just found a new desktop background....

Have you ever noticed that the SC has the ability to completely blow away a perfectly productive day by simply posting a handfull of links?

Pretty pictures, must have pretty pictures.........

[ 04-25-2001: Message edited by: Tyrn ]