New Product Announcements

Supreme Cmdr

(Oooh, I'm second!)

Hmmm... What do I say? I'm speechless as well!

EFC sounds interesting! Although you make it sound like it's story-based, I think its a wonderfull undertaking!

I'd like to see the way you guys are going to combine the story and content with the BCM Engines! It's going to be great!

[ 08-17-2001: Message edited by: Cmdr Nova ]

Its not story based. I'm never doing a story based project. Ever.

You have a back story.

You have your orders.

You have a certain amount of time to complete it, before the b*astards level the outpost.

Like I said, it maintains the integrity of the BC series' freedom.

It's really amazing to start seeing things finally starting to blossom. I remember that this was supposed to be around the Gold announcement, so we must be very close. But who cares even if SC spilled the beans early, anyway? EFC sounds interesting, but what I think I'll really be waiting for is BTC. I've waxed loquacious before on wanting to walk the decks of a cruiser, and many others feel the same. And here SC's offering us the opportunity! Yay!

What an interesting update to the GNN...

Damn... *speechless*

Those are some cool screenies, and as far as the 250+ people downloading BCTE, I think that people who insult you need to take a look at the people who hang on this site and hit refresh 50+ times a second (Ummm I don't do that...)

What a fanbase...

I must say SC that those screenshots of EFC look absolutely awesome. WOW.

I can’t wait to get my hands on that vehicle and play a little chicken, on the streets of that outpost. Plus I dig the bald chic.

I nearly droped out of my chair. SC, you are insane and that is great. I just can't wait untill sunday to stop by the EB and pre-order the BCM. Also got a question, I am leaving for about 2 months in the end of September so if I don't pick up my box of BCM with that galaxy map, the EB will just hold it for me right? I really want that map.

quote:

The name "ELITE FORCE COMMAND, EFC" reminds me of a kind-of-reciently released Star Trek Game

hehe, even the vets who should know the BC history by now, failed to realize that it should be Earth Force Command. You know, as in Earth Command, EarthCom? The EFC are the elite branch of EarthCom. As you can see from the shots, they are trained in tactical and urban warfare, as well as aerial tactics. Hence their suit which looks like a cross between a full body suit and a flight jump suit.

Though you get to fly XAC (Xperimental Attack Craft) once you've found it, you will be starting off in FP mode, with the Urban Assault Vehicle, UAV, as you and your partner roam the city looking for clues, taking on the Insurgent opposition etc.

And once you find XAC, its time to skim the rooftops, (Fifth Element or Blade Runner, style) in search of the b*astard who stole the other prototype.

While the mission starts off in the city, there are parts which require you to go to the EarthCom station in orbit around the planet, using XAC.

Its a pure action shooter. If I could compare it to any game/genre, it would a cross between G-Police and Blade Runner

quote:

Also got a question, I am leaving for about 2 months in the end of September so if I don't pick up my box of BCM with that galaxy map, the EB will just hold it for me right? I really want that map.

As long as your order was a pre-order, you should be able to get a map. I dunno about stores though, because, outside of pre-orders, they are still on first come first serve. So, just because you preordered, doesn't mean you're going to get one - especially if decide to wait until the last minute.

[ 08-18-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Whats wrong with bald chicks? I had a bald chick once ... of course, she started off with a full head of hair, then chemo took it's toll and it went. Took me a while to get used to the egg look, but after a while, I gotta admit, It started to appeal to me.

Still, hair would be a good thing.

EFC? Want it now.