Minor sound issue

Extinct_Reptilia

Alright, I guess you would call this a sound issue.

How come I CAN hear the soundFX of my craft but not others in the 3d views?

When I switch to look at other ships in the 3d views I hear nothing... No sound from their guns, no sound from their engines.

However, I do notice I can hear they're sounds whenever my craft is close by.

I'm not sure if it's because of this reason, or may be its my soundcard? Maybe not enough channels configured in options? I don't know...

You see, I really like observing the space battles between the NPCs, but it just a nuisance not able to hear any of the action.

It's not really a big issue I know, but I'd still appreciate a response if possible, thank you

Probably you can look at them with the external camera zoomed on them but your ship isn't equipped with an external long distance microphone......

quote:

Originally posted by Extinct_Reptilia:

How come I CAN hear the soundFX of my craft but not others in the 3d views?

Read the sound section of the FAQ

quote:

Originally posted by dennymala:

Probably you can look at them with the external camera zoomed on them but your ship isn't equipped with an external long distance microphone......

heh, yep

quote:

Q.
SOMETIMES I DON'T HEAR SOUNDS OUTSIDE MY SHIP

A.
The sound engine is fully 3D positional. For this reason, you won't hear sounds that are played if you are more than 75km from the sound source. e.g a ship exploding

Man, Sorry SC... I guess I should've checked that out. Man, I can't believe I didn't check the FAQ before posting. My apologies...

This is just another example of how someone should check every source before posting a question...

Man, I can't believe I did that!

I'll be a hell of a lot more cautious in the future!

!!May my mistake be a lesson to all of you!!!

.....relax man... ..the SC didn't ever get angry for that.......

.....everyone makes mistakes..... all we have to do is just try to avoid it......

I know, I'm sorry...

I just had a couple of bad SC experiences before and I'm still recovering...

Words like "Gits" and "Rubbish" can really keep a man awake at night...

...It's stuff like that which really gets to your ego.

But dont worry everyone, I'm getting my strength back.

I just have to make better posts, that's all. *whimper *

Heh! I've been called far worse by the SC! If you are going to survive on this board, take your feelings off your sleeve and suck it up when ya know it's going to happen. BTW, appologies do go a loooooong way on this forum. Never, ever be afraid to ask a question here. Remain civil and all will be forgiven.