North Carolina man sentenced to 9 years for spam

Whats that program called where if a convicted child sex offender moves into a neighborhood, everyone in the surrounding area is notified/warned via letter in the mail?

They implement that for convicted spammers

Street justice

If people actually got rehabilitated in jail; and if incarceration actually worked, there would be no crime. So no, jail time is - for the most part - meaningless.

Today, I have received over 650+ emails because some wise ass found it funny to send emails to some list, using my email address. If only these f*ckers realize that oldies like me, know how to use server-side filters and NOTHING makes it into my email inbox. Ever. The last time this happened, was when I banned some tit from here. So unless others have got this recent deluge, I'm probably being targeted again.

I viewed a movie once where a woman who had been raped caught her assailant and had the word RAPIST tattoed on his forehead.

Perhaps we should try that on criminals, at least on the ones who are convicted beyond a shadow of a doubt.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

I viewed a movie once where a woman who had been raped caught her assailant and had the word RAPIST tattoed on his forehead.

Perhaps we should try that on criminals, at least on the ones who are convicted beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I hope serial rapists who are convicted beyond a shadow of a doubt don't even have the oppertunity to walk around free...

But as for spammers...

I am all for cruel and unusual punishments including but not limited to forehead tattoes

They should cut off their hands and pop their eyes so they can never use a computer again .... im still kinda debating if they should tear out their toung just in case they try to use voice recongnition software but then they wouldnt be able to tell the story

What the hell... 9 years for this?

So what are yall gonna do now? Execute telemarketers?

Your legal system should focus on crimes that acaully damage society... like rape, muder etc...

All yall are insane, spammers are no worse than jaywalkers, republicans and ppl who run stop signs.

Spamming is only the tip of the iceberg here boys and girls.

It's not so much the fact that Spammers like to jam up the traffic on the net with unsolicited E-mail, it's what is sometimes contained within the E-mail, most likely unbeknownst to the dumbass spammer.

Malware is not something I want installed on my system while I'm looking at a stinking E-mail ad that I didn't ask for. I'm sure you will agree.

Then there are the cheap money grubbing spammers who like to use spoofed addies as the origination point, making it look like someone else sent it, maybe you.

Last but not least, have you ever tried to get your addie taken off their list? It's an exercise in futility. I am of the opinion that when you send them a "Take me off your list request" they do take you off their list, but then add your addie to 100 other lists so you get a thousand fold more unsolicited crap, or your addie gets placed on the bombard with malware list or the fresh meat spoofed addie list just for good measure to teach your ornery hide not to send TOL requests.

I say round them up, drop them on a deserted island covered with hidden cameras and microphones for a new reality series.

Have a helicopter drop supplies once a month containing nothing but SPAM mystery meat and fresh water. Cruel and unusual punishment you say?

Let the punishment fit the crime I always say.

I wonder how many of them would commit suicide around the sixth month of getting Spammed for breakfast lunch and dinner?

quote:

Originally posted by XOR:

i think my solution is better although forcing spammers to eat spam would be poetic justice hehe heck why not do BOTH!

b-b-b-but Spam is GOOD! Cooked over a camp fire and slathered in mustard.. yum!

Just make them eat the slimy goo it comes packaged in.