3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scrivener

Spore - The Most Staggeringly Huge Game Ever Concieved (TM)

I'm sure many of you gameophiles have already heard about this, as word is spreading across the internet like wildfire. Will Wright is working on a new game called SPORE - where you litteraly start out as a single celled organism and evolve your way into a spacefaring race of creatures able to endlessly explore the universe and mysteries it holds. I kid you not.

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/595/595975p1.html

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3138792&did=1

I'm working on locating some good screenshots.

P.S. After reading the recaps of the GDC address, I have to admit I'm giddy as a schoolgirl about this game... and that's something I havn't felt in a VERY VERY long time. Could we be entering a new renaissance for game design, just as we started expecting development costs to become even more ludicrous? Is the future actually now? My friends, this is a very happy day.

It sounds suspiciously like Populous meets Black & White meets The Sims.

....at least until EA gets their hands on it and commercialize the crap out of it.

btw, Scriv, the subject you have chosen is just the kind of hyperbole that publishers love. Good job.

Are you offering him a job?

what would I DO as a single celled organism? Im hoping that part is the like quick 5 minute introduction prologue right? some people just go to far...

Im looking foward to this-- but I doubt it can be done. Well, it can be done but come on now... this game is just... epic.

Guest Grayfox

errr... well its a bit different. i really cant think of any sims type games that start you out as a single cell organism...

looks interesting. strange... but interesting

I'm very rarely tempted to buy a game (the only game outside the BC series I've bought in the past 5 years was Heroes of Might and Magic IV), but I'll be following this one closely.

very nice watch

Thanks insectoid.

Hm, seems to be a BIG game, and big games (after my experiences) have got stronger tendencies for lots of ugly bugs. And by the Gods, I hate bugs.