3000AD Forums
Sign in to follow this  
starlord

Download does not install

Hello to all, I have purchased the registered version of echo squad and downloaded the file, however I can't seem to be able to extract the download: After the status meter is full nothing happens. Could this be a vista issue? any advice please? Thank you!

It may be due to a bad download too. Try downloading it again.

Maybe it's just that the system is working and you don't see the HD flashing.....dunno.

My suggestion is not to trust the status bar. Leave that bad boy running over night and see if it isn't installed when you wake up in the morning :P

File is exactly 588 157Ko, however the virus program is a good point. Despite not turning it off, generally my protection suite asks me to confirm the execution of programs (which I do). i'll try this while turning it off.

I need you to right-click on the file in Explorer and give me the EXACT file size in BYTES from the properties tab

I also need to know where you bought it from.

So did it work mate? Did you try it with all your virus scanning and anti-mal ware programs like Adaware turned off?

oh, sorry:

file size is 602á272á087 octets (size taken on the disk by it is 602á275á840 octets).

Also, I followed your advice and bought it at the 3000ad store.

http://www.regnow.com/softsell/nph-softsell.cgi?item=13068-7

That (602,272,087) is the size of the file. Which means that the download went fine and you are having other issues. Please follow the guidelines already

posted in this thread regarding virus checkers, firewall etc.

Man, this takes the cake as the strangest tech support thread I've ever seen any where, ever. Did you ever get the game installed or were you trying to burn it to DVD all along?

uhm, were you able to install the game then? If so, what did you do to fix the problem you were having.

..this outta be good. ^_^

as you said: anti virus issues!

Oh well, no one's perfect...

perhaps I'll wait to have all episodes before burning the files though, although that's gonna take some time.