First-hand account of chaos in New Orleans

Guest $iLk

This is why citizens need guns. To defend their property. They need to begin shooting to kill looters (even the police looters) and hang signs around their necks and hang them from a tree.

Get this crap under control.

quote:

This is why citizens need guns. To defend their property. They need to begin shooting to kill looters (even the police looters) and hang signs around their necks and hang them from a tree.

Yes!

I have to say, my opinion of humanity is at an all-time low with what I am witnessing.

Edit: Of course, the rescuers accentuate the BEST side of humanity - kudos to them.

I wonder if women and children would be being raped left and right in New Orleans if the perpetrators believed that someone nearby had a gun?

No guns were allowed in the convention center. Reports of rapes, beatings, etc. are commonplace.

quote:

John Carolan was sitting on his porch in the thick, humid darkness just before midnight Tuesday when three or four young men, one with a knife and another with a machete, stopped in front of his fence and pointed to the generator humming in the front yard, he said.

One said, "We want that generator," he recalled.

"I fired a couple of rounds over their heads with a .357 Magnum," Mr. Carolan recounted Wednesday. "They scattered."

Rule # 1: Never bring a knife to a gun fight. Frakking scumbags.

Reminds me of the scenes from Baghdad after the city was freed from Saddam's grip. Another example of piss poor planning and indifference by the Bush administration. I can only shake my head in disbelief that it would be allowed to occur on home soil.

I think that if I was in that situation I would find whatever means necessary, short of killing other human beings, to feed my family. At least those citizens who are protecting their property with firearms have possessed enough wisdom not to kill any of the looters who I feel for the most part were not seizing an opportunity to steal in the absence of authority, they were just trying to survive a desperate situation that was made even worse by FEMA's delayed response.

There are alot of heads in Washington in need of rolling over this debacle. Up to and including criminal charges for involuntary manslaughter for every person who died as a result of their indecisive action. I'm talking all the way to the top. Yeah that's correct my Republican friends. Mr permanent vacation Bush should be impeached on multiple counts of treason against the people of this country and jailed for murder.

quote:

Up to and including criminal charges for involuntary manslaughter for every person who died as a result of their indecisive action. I'm talking all the way to the top. Yeah that's correct my Republican friends. Mr permanent vacation Bush should be impeached on multiple counts of treason against the people of this country and jailed for murder.

Extremist, partisan drek.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

Reminds me of the scenes from Baghdad after the city was freed from Saddam's grip. Another example of piss poor planning and indifference by the Bush administration. I can only shake my head in disbelief that it would be allowed to occur on home soil.

I think that if I was in that situation I would find whatever means necessary, short of killing other human beings, to feed my family. At least those citizens who are protecting their property with firearms have possessed enough wisdom not to kill any of the looters who I feel for the most part were not seizing an opportunity to steal in the absence of authority, they were just trying to survive a desperate situation that was made even worse by FEMA's delayed response.

There are alot of heads in Washington in need of rolling over this debacle. Up to and including criminal charges for involuntary manslaughter for every person who died as a result of their indecisive action. I'm talking all the way to the top. Yeah that's correct my Republican friends. Mr permanent vacation Bush should be impeached on multiple counts of treason against the people of this country and jailed for murder.

I see, so it is the FEDERAL governments job ot have an evacuation plan in place for EVERY city in the US? Is that what you are saying?

What a crock of crap.

The mayor was unprepared, the governor was unprepared.

The evacuation and immediate aftermath were NOT the federal governments job, and anyone that says otherwise is either a partisan political Hack, a Bush hater extraordinaire, OR totally clueless.

So, which one are you Wolferz?

I'm sorry bud, but this is NOT Bushes responsibility.

It ALWAYS takes FEMA 3-7 days to get food and supplies into a natural disaster area, it is the LOCALS responsibility to make sure that the immediate situation is handled, and that food etc are available for at least a week.

They FAILED in their duty MISERABLY, and now that anarchy reigns in NO, it is going to be the fed's job to get it back under control, because the local authorities were UNABLE to, and it was THEIR job to make sure that things stayed calm until FEMA could get in there.

Prez is exactly right, your whole post is nothing but drek and I think it is TOTAL and absolute nonsense....

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

it is the LOCALS responsibility to make sure that the immediate situation is handled, and that food etc are available for at least a week.

They FAILED in their duty MISERABLY, and now that anarchy reigns in NO, it is going to be the fed's job to get it back under control, because the local authorities were UNABLE to, and it was THEIR job to make sure that things stayed calm until FEMA could get in there.

In fact, a lot of the local authorities also joined in the anarchy. Once that happened, any plan that would have or had been in place was right out the window.