Lost my map/keyboard shortcut

EbonyKnight

quote:

Originally posted by DennyMala:

I advise to read
THIS
and
THIS
.... .... or if any of the mods or adms catch you... you won't be posting anymore soon....

He's not posting in the tech support forum. Thats the only time one would need the system profile in the sig.

quote:

Originally posted by EbonyKnight:

I lost the map/keyboard guide. How can I get another?

Buy another copy of the game.

Sorry SC... ... but I see that the post is under the TECH SUPPORT/BCMG... ... section and so I suggested to comply with the sig regulation.....however I thought there was a thighter control on the sig thing and the forum rules due to the latest attention paid by JAGUAR....

I don't want to threaten or scare anyone.... just giving an advice... ... sorry EbonyKnight...

• 1 month later...

As SC said...the only way to get a replacement for that handy keyboard chart is to buy another copy of the game, or find your own somewhere. I sympathize, having been in this situation (it turned out to be only misplaced, not lost), but offering up copies in PDF or image format opens up a potential nest of starved ferrets.*

Given SC's authorization, however, I would be willing to type up a summary of the keyboard commands; at least the C&C, Tac-Ops, and Misc controls. The rest I have no doubt you can figure out for yourself with a minimum risk of accidentally scuttling your ship, running it into the moon at c-frac, etc.

* I suspect that the steep learning curve and lack of digitized documentation has done more to discourage piracy of BCM than those annoying and CPU-sucking CD checks; a safedisc wrapper can be patched away in minutes and the patch itself probably takes no more than an hour to fabricate, but even someone willing to distribute burned discs of the game would likely balk at the prospect of scanning and reprinting the entirety of the manual.

on the positive side: At least it shows you are reading throughout the whole forum and that is a GOOD thing the "today's active topic" link on the top right, helps me stay on top of recent conversations (even from my CAVE, here at work