UBB forum upgrade

Supreme Cmdr

I have upgraded the forum. As you can see, it now supports the viewing of recent visitors. The wording of that is really foolish, because that display actually shows who is currently viewing the site; and it gets updated when you refresh your browser.

Guests are either folks who are not registered to post (but can view the page, since it is not closed) or registered users who have not logged in.

The admin also has a logfile with information about every one who is in the recent visitors list....including the IP numbers. So, since we have Shirley aka Fabio aka Herbert aka....IP addresses (from Australia), we can tell when he's been to the site. hehe.

btw, to see some cool stuff, click on a visitor from the list.

[ 01-28-2002, 11:36: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Elenkis:

Nice

Though everyone gets the option of hiding from the recent users list when they register and via their profile options - These folks will still show up in the admin logfiles, right?

Yes

quote:

Originally posted by xierxior:

Thats cool, but now as i look at the huge list of poeple visiteing the board you can only wonder how come no one posts

Because, unlike you (and some others), people don't post for the heck of it.

[ 01-28-2002, 12:52: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

woohoo!! I just busted Herbert (aka Shirley aka Fabio etc etc).

He logged in at 16:45EST and viewed a couple of forums. His last IP address was 202.12.233.21 and his real email address is [email protected]

That BASTARD!!!

In fact, he re-registered to POST on the forum using Epsilon 5's BCM serial number and actually registered his username (back in Oct.) as herbert. Two guesses what his profile shows his password as?

Here is his posting history

Here is a screen shot of him online

Anyway, I've locked the profile so he can't change it. I will ban it later tonite once you folks have had the chance to check out the above details.

[ 01-28-2002, 17:14: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

Maybe SC should add "herbert" to BCM. "Beware of lurking herberts in the vicinity of Gamma 2. Although not generally dangerous, they can cause minor skin rashes among your crew if they manage to sneak aboard your ship."

BTW, should people be warned to erase their CD keys from their public profiles? I noticed them showing up in a few instances.

quote:

Originally posted by Gallion:

Tx fer the IP data SC ... now to the other site

I luv it when a plan comes together

TTFN

P.S. almost forgot, like the upgrade

Guess my idea from here (01-24-2002 22:41) worked! I'm so glad that we've finally found one of the (possibly many) troll accounts here. Heh. I bet it came as a surprise to poor, old, Shirley. Damn, I'm gonna have to save myself a copy of those Shirley user profiles. Has, we've been waiting for this for a long time.

You know, the detractors are probably going to be browsing as guests from now on. That is, unless we go back to the "locked" forum we've had instated, then deactivated, then reinstated again, then as of now, deactivated.

And it's incredible: some of those names on that visitor list, I've never seen before. All these strange names look like old-time lurkers to me. Cool, the community's actually bigger than I thought. And what's up with all these people on the boards, not posting?

Well, Nova, over and out.

Excellent upgrade SC. But I think there may be a glitch in it. Whenever I get e-mails about people replying to my posts, I get not the reply message, but the very bottom part of the forum window. (The part that is "Contact Us|Battlecruiser Online") Just informing you of this glitch.

P.S. I wasn't sure if I should have put this in the Tech Support Forum or in this post yet decided on this post because this didn't start happening until after the upgrade.

EDIT: P.P.S. Oh, forgot to say that I'd be glad to forward you one of the e-mails too.

[ 01-28-2002, 20:05: Message edited by: WeeGee ]

Whoa! whoohoo

In that topic, I KNEW there was something odd in his post.. that feeling... What was his name before?

Btw I have another IP (in fact a hostname) of a detractor, pretty ressourceful too, and it's another one from australia. First I doubted it would be Herbert but Jaguar told me it could be his hostname at work, or home, if the one you caught was at work.

c37746.blktn1.nsw.optusnet.com.au

He comes often on the #battlecruiser chan on galaxynet (which I took the pleasure of registering). I got tempted to ban him but the only times he spoke someone was there to have fun with him (Fendi mostly )... and I can kick him if he says something.

[ 01-29-2002, 01:06: Message edited by: Epsilon 5 ]