Everyone read this, Sig's, what they are for

Commanders,

A number of us moderators, you know us by our rank to the left, are noticing a LOT of unauthorized sig's.

Graphics, Gif's, unauthorized fleets etc.

These sigs must be changed to either show an authorized fleet etc, or removed entirely, with just your system specs there.

This board is a specific board, it is for a specific game, and for a specific purpose, any sig that is not showing that particular purpose must be removed ASAP.

If it is NOT specifically authorized, then it should not be here.

Please remove those sigs ASAP, you have 24 hours, after that, things will get rough.

Moderators, please feel free to edit this post and add your own comments, etc.

Thanks,

Since you are UCV the only thing that might be wrong is a extrememly long sig quote, but I don't remember there being a limit on the length of those.

quote:

Consider it done. Bye Bye alien abducted emoticon . Question, as long as it's not in sig box, can I still post that in the main body of the message?

If you are doing it as a one time thing, no because we are supposed to LINK to images not post them outright on the forum to save bandwidth.

If you are trying to circumvent the "no unauthorized sig pics" rule just stated by not putting it in the sig but still using it as a sig image, no.

Basically NO.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaguar:

These sigs must be changed to either show an authorized fleet etc, or removed entirely, with just your system specs there.

Thanks,

And thank you. It wasn't too long ago I had to struggle with a dial-up connection. When sigs and avatars get out of hand, it becomes nearly impossible to scan a forum at 56k.

quote:

Originally posted by Eclipse:

Since you are UCV the only thing that might be wrong is a extrememly long sig quote, but I don't remember there being a limit on the length of those.

quote:

Consider it done. Bye Bye alien abducted emoticon . Question, as long as it's not in sig box, can I still post that in the main body of the message?

If you are doing it as a one time thing, no because we are supposed to LINK to images not post them outright on the forum to save bandwidth.

If you are trying to circumvent the "no unauthorized sig pics" rule just stated by not putting it in the sig but still using it as a sig image, no.

Basically NO.

So I guess that's a no. .

I have no problem with that. I wasn't going to even bother leaving images unless I needed to emphasis a post as I have done in the past. Actually, I was just experimenting with the GIFS uploading them to my web site and linking them into here. And I did forget about the bandwidth sorry about that. I'm sure my question was useful for all the other Cadets and Ensigns.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr_ Laracuente:

i dont want to sound like a fool, but is there something wrong in my signature?... you know, theres only text on it but i wanna be sure.

Yours Sig seems fine. However I seem to be having a problem with Commander Elio Jason's Avatar Image and Fleet Sig pic they are showing up here as a blank box.

Thats because the Prime Fleet site is down..

Like my sig image was hosted from the Prime Fleet server, but at the momment it's being hosted from another server

So until the server is back up, Elio's sig image will stay like that..

And thank you Jaguar, was about to ask SC about this.. but since you just posted it i didn't need to

quote:

i don't want to sound like a fool, but is there something wrong in my signature?... you know, theres only text on it but i wanna be sure.

if its the official mercenary motto then it ok

My motto "Judge a Commander by the quality of his posts not the quantity" has gone as it was unofficial and has been replaced by the official Insurgent motto.

Do Balor Fleet have an official motto if not maybe I could get my CO to adopt it then I could use it again.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

And thank
you
. It wasn't too long ago I had to struggle with a dial-up connection. When sigs and avatars get out of hand, it becomes nearly impossible to scan a forum at 56k.

That why I removed my official Terran and Insurgen gifs a while back even though its considered bad form not to have them.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr

Eclipse, you are not required to carry any sig - though it would be consider improper form, don't you think?

from this thread

lol I cant add the the logos my sigs to big over 564 characters max allowed 450

terran_logo.jpginsurgent_logo.jpg

quote:

i dont want to sound like a fool, but is there something wrong in my signature?... you know, theres only text on it but i wanna be sure.

I've removed the crap you had there. I hope that answers your question.

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

Thats because the Prime Fleet site is down..

Like my sig image was hosted from the Prime Fleet server, but at the momment it's being hosted from another server

So until the server is back up, Elio's sig image will stay like that..

And thank you Jaguar, was about to ask SC about this.. but since you just posted it i didn't need to

Ah, thanks I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a problem at my side. Windows does strange things from time to time I just wasn't sure if that was one of em.

Can I add this GALCOM logo to my sig..? gclogo.gif

Even if I'm not in a fleet...... in the end I'm a TER/MIL based on GALCOM HQ....

P.S.: Meanwhile I hope my sig is fine and "proper".....(if not please let me know before things get rough....thanks)

BULLSEYE!!!

That's exactly the point!!!

Actually I don't report to noone..... I choose my race, caste and operational base as in the game I'm playing (an ACM campaign at the moment).... I doesn't have any affiliation with Prime Fleet or any other fleet,... for now....

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by DREADA:

Well I'm no mod, so you ought to wait for their answer. But I'd have thought, in the strictest sense, yes you should be using the Galcom Logo - but then this raises the following questions, how can you be military, operating out of Galcom HQ (under Prime Fleet's control) and not be a part of Prime, who do you report to then, Supreme Commander?? Are you under special orders or something...?

If you have GCV in your sig that means your a member of one of GALCOM'S fleets IMO. Otherwise you should use UCV, ICV, GMV, ECV or nothing at all.

quote:

Originally posted by dennymala:

So if I'm right I cannot be a TER/MIL if I do not join a fleet...right?

Not really because by default, anyone not attached to a specific fleet, is a member of Prime fleet (the default Ter/Mil fleet). So yes, you can use the GALCOM logo if you want.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

I've removed the crap you had there. I hope that answers your question.

so ,i cant have anything ike what i had in my sig?

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by dennymala:

So if I'm right I cannot be a TER/MIL if I do not join a fleet...right?

Not really because by default, anyone not attached to a specific fleet, is a member of Prime fleet (the default Ter/Mil fleet). So yes, you can use the GALCOM logo if you want.

Thanks a lot SC!!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Bumping this thread.

Remember commanders, your sig has to be an authorized sig, NO unautorized Sig's on this forum.

I have been seeing some interesting sig's, such as you are at such and such an IP, you are using IE6 etc in sigs.

These are not authorized, along with a few others that I have seen.

Remove them please, if you have questions, please ask them here, but the Blatant and obvious ones, you know who you are, please remove them.

It is Thursday, if I see one on Monday, they will be removed, along with your profile.

Thank you!!

We have a LOT of newbs on the board, we will not let discipline go because of that.

We are a tightly run board, and things have been a little loose of late.

Time to tighten things back up a bit.

Thank you for your attention!!

It's Sunday night commanders, I hope you newbies are reading ALL the threads, because if not, You are in for a nasty surprise come tomorrow night.

Also, there seem to be some of you that are, for some reason, putting the registration number of your UC in your sig.

Get them out of there commanders, that's no ones business but yours and the SC's.

Remove your reg numbers from your sigs.

That is all....

[ 02-08-2004, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: Jaguar ]

quote:

I have been seeing some interesting sig's, such as you are at such and such an IP, you are using IE6 etc in sigs.

That would be Fox Trot I think. It's cute at first....

Pugwash has been deleting images from sigs like a madman. I personally thank him.

The ONLY approved images in a sig are fleet affiliations.

I support you 100% Jaguar

[ 02-08-2004, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: Cmdr Chavik ]

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this is just plain wrong and I'm tattling.

gclogo.gif

gnowor has replaced the earth image in the Galcom logo with the medical officer's head.

Seeing that bird perched on that man's head is just disturbing.

Don't know if it's funny or not. I will let better heads prevail.

Edit: I've decided it's mildly funny but out of respect for the Galcom Logo I'm betting gnowor will be politely but firmly asked to remove it.