Servers for UC?

Greetings.

I have some Universal Combat nostalgia and I would like to play some multiplayer... but I don't see any servers in the game browser (I have the original UC patched for version 2.00.30).

Is anyone still playing this game online? If yes, how can I find some active servers and join?

Thank you for your help!

Looking forward to seeing you online :boldblue:

CesarPim

Alright, just to make it clear, your using UCCE, correct?

Alright then.

the 2.0 version doesn't support multiplayer. Your going to have to go a patch before that to make that magic happen.

ANd even then, the master server is down, so you need Hamachi or something else that acts as a LAN so you can play multiplayer with other people. They too of course, need to be using the same thing.

If you have no clue what i'm talking about, or if it doesn't work, go talk to RT about it. He's the expert on this and one of the few who get the MP community semi-active again.

NOTE: You need to be connected to a local area network (LAN) (Like Hamachi) or directly to a person's IP address in order for you to see any servers they made in the game lobby and to join them

Alright, just to make it clear, your using UCCE, correct?

No. I am using UC the original version. :boldblue:

ANd even then, the master server is down, so you need Hamachi or something else that acts as a LAN so you can play multiplayer with other people. They too of course, need to be using the same thing.

If you have no clue what i'm talking about, or if it doesn't work, go talk to RT about it. He's the expert on this and one of the few who get the MP community semi-active again.

I understand what you are saying, it has to be settled with people to play in LAN through Hamachi.

So my questions are:

1- Is there an active community for UC ORIGINAL VERSION? If so, where can I find them to settle games with them?

2- From all the different 3000ad games that exist nowadays (these ones), is there any that has multiplayer servers up and running regularly, and an active multiplayer community? If so, I might just go and buy the game...

Thanks a lot.

CesarPim

Nah, the original UC doesn't have multiplayer support.

UCSE, UCCE,AAW, AoA all have multiplayer support and those are the only games you'll find a multiplayer community for.

I would suggest UCCE V1.01.04. As it has more content than UCSE and still has multiplayer support. The V2 (latest version) of UCCE cannot support multiplayer and the graphics are a little more CPU demanding.

Theres a reasonable community for UCCE/UCSE multiplayer. And there's another smaller but active community for AAW/AOA. You can contact RT for details concerning anything MP hehe.

If you are in love with the UC series, i would go and buy UCCE.

If you want something new, go ahead and buy AAW/AoA. But be warned! You are using your Character/Fighters/Ground vehicles most of the time in these two.

Yes it does. I have played it in multiplayer dozens of times when the community was active (in 2004 and 2005).

I have the game installed right now...

You can check it here where it says "64 player multiplay support".

UCSE, UCCE,AAW, AoA all have multiplayer support and those are the only games you'll find a multiplayer community for.

I would suggest UCCE V1.01.04. As it has more content than UCSE and still has multiplayer support. The V2 (latest version) of UCCE cannot support multiplayer and the graphics are a little more CPU demanding.

Theres a reasonable community for UCCE/UCSE multiplayer. And there's another smaller but active community for AAW/AOA. You can contact RT for details concerning anything MP hehe.

If you want something new, go ahead and buy AAW/AoA. But be warned! You are using your Character/Fighters/Ground vehicles most of the time in these two.

I guess AAW and AoA does not have outer space travelling and fighting, does it?

I want something like UC but with active players :boldblue:

Should I go for "Galactic Command Online"? What is it about?

Thanks.

Yes it does. I have played it in multiplayer dozens of times when the community was active (in 2004 and 2005).

I have the game installed right now...

You can check it here where it says "64 player multiplay support".

I want something like UC but with active players :P

Should I go for "Galactic Command Online"? What is it about?

Thanks.

http://www.3000ad.com/forum/index.php?showforum=64

Read about it there; it's a MMO being created by 3000AD. The link there has more details than I can give, not to mention the website is juicy! :boldblue:

Hello CesarPim!

Posted by CesarPim:

Information on AAW and AoA can be found HERE. Both games do not offer space combat, only planetary and atmospheric combat. There are demos available for each.

As Kalshion pointed out, Galactic Command Online is an MMO currently in development.

At the moment, there is not a whole lot of MP games going on.

-Sho