Name your favorite ship!

Vandal

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Dread:

Which ships can get the special item reactor and shield upgrade? I know the firestorm CANT. Which ones can and cant?

If you look in the DATAASSETS.INI file, you will see entries such as

quote:

RUPGRADE{171,185,170,242,144,251}

EUPGRADE{232,133,138,194,193}

SUPGRADE{231,176,177,178}

AUPGRADE{244,245,246,247}

R = Reactor

E = Engine

S = Shield

A = Armor

Now look in the DATAITEMS.INI file and the number

on the left column, matches a number above.

e.g.

171 = LATTIS/NB (ITEMS.INI line 220)

That means the craft can upgrade to this reactor type.

If the item is missing from that {} block, it means that the craft can't upgrade to it. e.g. The LRT-10 transport can't equip a LATTIS/NB reactor.

Sounds like a task for Gallion's appendix. Probably should go in the carriers/cruisers/transports html files.

The firestorm is the best. Even if you dont think so after all the turrets, and after all the fighters, and after all the OCs, then do this. Get one, fly over a hostile base with the PTAs on, land on top of the base. Get out of the carrier, turn around, and look up at the firestorm. Now just imagine if you were on the ground, and it was coming to attack you. The firestorm is the best.

(also, note that I didn't say to destroy any of the ground defenses. That's because the PTA system handles it for you most of the time)

You guys would make great salesmen......

rp* "............would I lie to you, it has a built in transporter, two shuttle bays, and fluffy pink dice hanging from the bridge viewer!! Only $100000000000000000000000000.............etc..

quote:

Originally posted by Rosko:

You guys would make great salesmen......

rp* "............would I lie to you, it has a built in transporter, two shuttle bays, and fluffy pink dice hanging from the bridge viewer!! Only $100000000000000000000000000.............etc..

They do, don't they? If this keeps up, Jason's going to up his rates and ask for a larger bonus on the next project.

[ 11-23-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

What does everyone thing about the Megaron. It's on the fast side. Has some of the best handling of all the carriers, lots of turrets, heave fighter compliment. It has the best rate of fire of all the carriers. 4 main guns. It has the best sheilds... It even looks cool... and yet no one has mentioned it.

The BC mkXs are cool, but they are sort of lacking in the turret department.

For fighters it's the S-fighter.

For cruisers it's the garid.

Best overall, however, has to go to the violon. It has the speed and agility of a cruiser with a few fighters tacked on for good measure, and it's all packed into a very nice looking carrier.

Don't ask me how he came across a copy of BCM (in Spain, for that matter), but he sent in a valid reg number (via email) even though he has not registered the game.

I'm still waiting for his responses, so I've suppressed his posting rights again.

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

I'll have to say the Megaron for the carriers. Just look at its turning stats and fighters. Its sharp lines are even kinda klingon, and with a little imagination one might say that it even looks like a mini-firestorm.

[ 12-07-2001: Message edited by: Sunanta ]

I like Spacestar, looks awsome. But 2 turrets lack the punch to take fighters so i am usualy flying Questar. Nothing beats 4 turrets slicing through a supercarrier backed up by main gun.

The way i see we'll only be able to prove what ship is most effective in MP turnament or wait for BCO. I'd love to see 20-30 ships in a system watching 2 guys fighing for their life and 'best ship' title.

[ 12-02-2001: Message edited by: EAGLE ]

quote:

Originally posted by EAGLE:

The way i see we'll only be able to prove what ship is most effective in MP turnament or wait for BCO. I'd love to see 20-30 ships in a system watching 2 guys fighing for their life and 'best ship' title.

LOL, "Battlecruiser Tournament".

Gamaliel out.