1 week countdown to...ummm....

Delta1

I went to EB today to reserve my copy of UC. I was told they will not have it till Nov. 14. Well that is the ...ummmdue date of my daughter.

Hmmm, which to be exited for..daughterUC.

Daughter wins, but UC comes in a close second, though for the next six months between the two, I will not be getting a good night sleep.

CanÔÇÖt wait. Seven days to go!

quote:

I went to EB today to reserve my copy of UC. I was told they will not have it till Nov. 14. Well that is the ...ummmdue date of my daughter.

Can't your wife hold off for a few more days? I double dog dare you to stand within her reach and ask!!

Six days to go.

I don't think the wife is going to make it. She started having contractions last night. It could be false labor, but this dad is pacing.

quote:

...offer to hire a male fill-in ...

only if I want to give up my family life of a computer game...hmmmm... that would me no responibilities except to my ship's crew, 24 hours of gameplay, and...NO DIAPERS!

Well, tough decision, but I think the family still wins.

Derek said this in the Gold date thread:

quote:

hehe. Anyway, my Gold cut-off date is 11/10 because the game has to go to production on 11/13 for a street date about a week or more after. We had an assessment meeting today to go over the pending issues, bugs etc and to see if in fact we're going to make it. Lets put it this way, I haven't slept for more than four hours a day in the past three weeks or so and between now and 11/10, I'm not bloody likely to sleep at all. Screw Hoffa, he can keep his damn spare cubicle.

So don't be suprised if the actual comsumer release date is off slightly on the online stores.

quote:

Originally posted by kneecaps:

Hi, just to add, i've been seeing 21-Nov-2003

for the UK availibillity date! this seems to fit nicely with the US release. I would expect a bit of delay for it to come out over here!

Peter

Yes, due to the exceptionally high demand (by the retailers) for the game in Europe, we are shooting for a simulataneous US/European release. Which means you can expect to see the game out about a week or so following the US release.

In fact, I was asked to scrap the localization (which would have added another two months to the European release) because of this. So, the game will be in English and the manual will be badly translated to match the language.

YES! Fantastic to hear! I want to say i'm quivering with excitement!!!!! (lol!)

I'm so glad we get simultaneous releases these days.

Glad to hear there is high demand for UC from the Euro retailers! Hopefully i'll bea able to find some people locally who play a BC title! Everybody I know is having a love affair with dull-First-Person-Shooters!!

Hehe, glad the localisation got scrapped! I live in England so it's no too much of a problem. Will various Euro translations be coming out in the future or will the non-english speaking countries have to live with the English version?

Peter

Guest controllersean

quote:

Originally posted by kneecaps:

Hehe, glad the localisation got scrapped! I live in England so it's no too much of a problem. Will various Euro translations be coming out in the future or will the non-english speaking countries have to live with the English version?

Peter

I don't think us russians will live without a translated version. I'm more than sure that the first CD to appear on the shelves will read 'russian version included'.

Well,

I am not going to comment on how many days till the release.

But an update about my chief officer, that is carring the next generation n00bie, Our chief medical officer decided not to wait until the release date of UC, but to induce the delivery today. This will be my last post seeing I am going to have my hands full for the unforeseeable future.

Thanks to everyone for all thier help and information in other posts.

Good Sailing and Good Hunting.

Semper-Fi

Delta1, Out.

quote:

So, the game will be in English and the manual will be badly translated to match the language. [/QB]

SC, are they planning to release UC in the Czech Republic? If so, have they already got someone to translate the manual? My wife and I have a little translation company of our own, with no big jobs pending. IÔÇÖm English, my wifeÔÇÖs Czech, she is a very experienced translator and we know each otherÔÇÖs languages quite well and work together on all our translations. We recently did a couple of assessed translations for a big local translation company and got a perfect score on both of them, so IÔÇÖm not sure weÔÇÖll be able to translate it badly for you, SC . Her dadÔÇÖs an engineer, her brotherÔÇÖs into Sci-fi and IÔÇÖm very familiar with the Battlecruiser series, so we shouldnÔÇÖt have any big problems with appropriate terminology. I'm not offering to translate it for free (my wife would kill me if I did ), just offering our services. If theyÔÇÖve already got someone, or are not planning a Czech release, then donÔÇÖt worry about it.

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Delta1:

Still No baby. Induction mission was not a go. You know, I think my wife lied to me. She just got lazy and fat. Or maybe it is true about swollowing pumpkin seeds.

So did you get the baby yet? If so CONGRATZ!!!

Anyway is UC out? I have kinda been stuck underground for awhile.

as far as i know, release date is now 12/3, but u really have to play it by ear. It all comes down to when Derek feels that the game is ready to go gold (all the bugs are out and wip are in the game).

Guest Hellbinder[CE]

OMG...

I cant believe the game is delayed. At least 12/3 is not all that bad. I knew something was wrong when EB Games no longer listed it as a new release or coming soon title on their site.

I was sooooo wired to buy this game tomorrow you have no idea. I even passed on Dues ex 2 and a few other big titles to use my game budget for this title. Really been looking forward to it.