Artifacts

Kalshion

Guest Remo Williams

quote:

Originally posted by Kalshion:

I read the manual and it sead they APPEAR at stations 3 days into the game *3 game days*

However is there anyway I can get them eailer *without the use of the playmod* and if so where?

No use playmod or wait three days game time theres no other way.

• 5 months later...

I've been doing a little looking and I have a minor question.

Please forgive me, mighty ones if it has been addressed already and I was too feeble to find it.

The three days of real time gameplay--no fast forward, etc...

Does that have to all be played out outside of a station?

My computer has been on, running BCMG for 72+ hours straight. When I get tired or run out of time I dock and leave it running.... It is now 4-7-3010, 14:00 or so. I can find no artifacts available.

I am in ROAM, does this make a difference?

I order my CC to defend GalComHQ. It's been quite safe thing to do. And it kinda simulates the orbiting too. Just remember to disable the launch control and put autopilot on AI.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

The artifacts become available after 3 days, but not everywhere at once. You will have to do some station searching to find them all. Not an easy task believe me.

Well, First of all. Hello to everyone. This is my first post. And I'm scared as s... to start posting wrongly.

Anyway I've to take chances...

After 3 days of gameplay (in many real weeks) and a lot of reading of the manual and post in this Forum... I'd have to ask.... There is someone who, by any chance, has got already artifacts? And "so yes" where was it?

I don't care how far and dangerous can be, I've to try it.

Thus... Please , anyone???

quote:

There is someone who, by any chance, has got already artifacts? And "so yes" where was it?

I don't care how far and dangerous can be, I've to try it.

You don't really want a big spoiler like that do you?? I didn't think so.

I'll give you a hint. Give it some time. Be patient.

If you really want a spoiler, check the manual appendix.

quote:

Originally posted by Wolferz:

that's classified, soldier.

if I tell you, I'll have to kill you

Well I don't want to be killed for this.

I've got a good advice from Spindoktor too. Which I try to follow.

So forget I've asked. and thanks to all of you.

• 2 months later...

I have a question concerning artifacts.

After playing in the roam mode for about 30 days straight, and taking over multiple ter/mil starbases, I became quite confident as to my abilities.

Now, I have the biggest gam/mil carrier and just finished an awesome battle. there were disabled enemy craft everywhere, with a couple s.o.s. throughout the battlefield, when a small fighter raven showed up.(All I remember, is that it was hostile to me and was a red blip)

I hear: WARNING AQUIRED. All my fighters were pretty banged up, under repair, or in need of charge. I think, no problem, Ill take him out. Ive done this many times before.

I set PTA and main guns to Full power and headed toward him.

I fought with that little bugger for an hour. hit him with missile after missile. PTA hammering away at him. shot him with main guns. I could only barely affect his shields. He was giving me a thrashing. punched my shields down several times doing ungodly amout of damage and injury.

Finally I unloaded 20 missiles at him on a dead head on run,stopped my ship, launched all my crab mines and rotated the ship to keep locked on him.

I watched him (F10 Key), and the missiles were pounding him down, as he came under fire from my

main guns and the crabs started firing at him. Finally hurting him enough to disable him.

I sat there amazed as his shields started climbing back up, so I unloaded 10 more missiles straight at him. When the last missile hit him, he exploded.

He tore me up.

I said all that to ask this: Do the AI(enemy) have shield artifacts on board, or do some of them just get really tough?

[ 03-18-2004, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: street ]

Now that GBS is available to BCMG a faster route to acquire artifaces would be to script a cargo pod with them and go pick them up when you start the game. This doesn't ensure that you can actually USE them at that point of the game.

@street: probably a VERY high level AI or some such thing.

@Street

Observations have proven

That the AI in BCMG DOES learn, the higher it is the harder it is to kill.

In reality if a ensign went up againt a vet the ensign would die

If a vet went up against a vet it could take hours, days possibly even weeks before either one was able to kill the other. This is due to experience

The AI learns from its opponants, commonly called a Learning Artifical Intelligence. Very dangerous to be around trust me

If you think that was hard, go up against an enemie Cap ship with a VERY high AI, bugger is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to kill unless you know exactly what you're doing (even then, its still very hard)

This is one thing I love about BCMG and UC, the AI is awesome and better than any other game I've played.. hmm wonder if I can script this AI into my other games, hehe wicked

Getting most artifacts earlier than the current time limit for them to spawn would seem to be a useless endeavor. Your RO has to have an AI of at least 75% to even start proper research on an artifact, and if it's the R.A.N.D.O.M. your after, the RO has to be at 100% AI to get anywhere at all. So what's the hurry?

Unless you use playmod to get the artifacts AND give your crew 100% AI levels, you aren't gaining much, other than maybe the shield and reactor upgrades, which are not dependent on your crew's AI level to function properly anyway.

???