Jump gate not working

jnewl

Not sure if this is the proper place for this, but...

I'm in the Saturn region, which has only one entrance/exit: a jumpgate. However, when I try to jump out of the system, I can't. My ship just flies right on through the gate as if it's not even there, and I remain in the Saturn region. Can anyone tell me what I need to do to make the gate operate correctly? Thanks much.

Can you tell if you were flying in manual or autopilot mode? I have the same problem some times when I fly myself the ship,sure im not doing it correctly.The autopilot always manages to jump thought(wich indicates the AI is smarter than me )

Hope it helps

Yes, yes, yes! Thanks, guys, and especially Spindoktor. Not only does the gate have to be targeted, it has to be showing in the vid. Not sure why that is, although it may be explained in the manual and I just forgot. I'll read up on it tonight before I go to sleep. Thanks again!

It has to show in the VID because it would mean that the NID is active and so you could use navigation object......

NID = Navigation Computer Interface

Just what I was trying to say.....

quote:

Originally posted by mudpuppy:

Yes, yes, yes! Thanks, guys, and especially Spindoktor. Not only does the gate have to be targeted, it has to be showing in the vid. Not sure why that is, although it may be explained in the manual and I just forgot. I'll read up on it tonight before I go to sleep. Thanks again!

It has to be that way because if it was automatic, then while doing combat near a jump anomaly, you could jump unintentionally. So, by targeting it and making if visible in the CVD, you know that if you are within range, you're going to jump.

It is explained in the manual