I can't Deploy mining Drone?

xaweryz

Normal procedure

1. Go into Tacops

2. Zoom to target planning. Click on it and choose Observe.

3. Click on planet map several times to zoom in. Get in close to make sure landing zone is not too hilly. (Zoom out by right clicking, or by using 5 on numeric keypad)

4. Once a good spot is found, click on Waypoints, select SC1 under waypoints menu, add a waypoint by clicking Add. By default it is a "Proceed to Next" waypoint. Leave it.

5. Hit Setpos and use the mouse to "set position" or place it on the map.

6. Add another waypoint. Click where it says Proeed to Next and from the menu that pops up, choose Deploy Drone (or words to tha effect)

7. hit Setpos again. Place this one 'bout 5 clicks from prior one. This allows the shuttle pilot time to orient himself before attempting to land.

Now, just tell the SC to wayfollow and go about your bussiness. Follow these instructions, and the procedure for retrievng your drones should become pretty obvious.

Have Fun!

• 5 months later...

I choose to fly the SC myself..God knows my SC crew would try to run as I deployed them and SC Assets are expensive. Thats why I installed a NO-AP override HAHA F'ers. and fly to the planet on a shuttle land click on the drone Icon and click Deploy Drone then get back as fast as i can and turn Life Support back on so my crew can breath HE HE HE

My pilots are good at lunching my shuttlecraft, usually into the ground upside down. I launch drones myself, wait for them to fill,(they don't have to be full) retrieve, empty, launch. Lather, rinse and repeat until Shuttle is full, return to Command Craft, empty Shuttle Cargo Bay, Do it again and again until your Command Craft is packed to the gills with ore. Pack all of the shuttles and any other asset that has cargo space.

You'll be surprised at the amount of scratch you can generate in a short timeframe..

Most of my shuttles would crash during liftoff from a planet ... after deploying the drone. To avoid such accidents, I'd usually keep an eye on the deployment and order the shuttle to RTB immediatley after the drone left the bay.

Otherwise, the SC would often take off, point straight up (while the pilot read his next set of orders), lose airspeed (evidently, the pilot was distracted), then fall back down and crash.

By giving the pilot new orders, he spent less time trying to find and read the old orders. Ergo, no distraction, no nose-up attitude, no loss of airspeed, and no crashing back to earth.

quote:

Originally posted by Marvin:

Otherwise, the SC would often take off, point straight up (while the pilot read his next set of orders), lose airspeed (evidently, the pilot was distracted), then fall back down and crash.

This happens when an inexperienced pilot is at the helm. They pitch the craft too far above the horizon, thereby increasing the AOA (Angle Of Attack) beyond the craft's aerodynamics causing it to stall.

At the beginning of the game when my personnel is low on AI I usually make fighter pilots do this kind of things and I don't have many problems.

Later when marines begin to raise they can fulfill the job without destroying the SC and themselves.

Fly the craft to the station and sell (usualy use the money to get Upgrades) and fly back down to surface and re empty. Use one Shuttle get one drone deploy it fly back to ship reassing yourself to shuttle(via tactical) and loadout the shuttle with a differant drone. Fly out deploy. fly back loadout drone 3 fly out deploy flyback ECT. you can have 4 drones out no time this way. extracting one at a time. I have a Question though. Do Differant planets give diff minerals?? or does the drone get Random Stuff???