A hand full of Q's

Blackstaff

Hail! As a Terran Military Commander, traviling through space in GOLIATH my Super Carrier AESTORM. I have been in alot of tough spots so i have afew questions that would realy help me in my travels. Do you keep your shields and cloak on all the time? If you turn your shields off to save the very expinsive gas that runs them how do you keep form taking alot of damage in a suprize attack or random damage that i still dont know where it comse from? Can you land your CC next to a city/base on a planet and walk/OC over to it and enter buildings or see/talk to NPC's? I havent figured out how to exit planet fall right over a base or city and I have never got all the way to one at the slow speed. HOW do you send your Marines to invade a ship/station? I cant find it any where, I get invaders all the time, but i tryed getting a full SC of Marines ready to deploy and launching them to ships and stations but most of the time the SC get blown up or I call it back. When you get close to a ship that is damaged or just small compaired to to you, and press C and your shields drop and your tractor beem gets it what do you do next? I havent been able to pull it all the way in my ship even though I have empty bays or taken any thing from it. Most of the time they attack me while my shields are down and do major damage befor I can get them back up and then I just destory it. I realy would like to know how to controle a fleet of ships that is what i am going to work towards after I figure out how to take the ships for my fleet. I have tryed tractor beams docking on them and sending SC's full of Meraines but nothing has worked yet. Thank you very much for your advice and replys

[ 08-26-2004, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: KING RHODAR ]

More than just one guy... you got to edit the code into your signature. The code should be a link URL code, or at least, the web-page address of your registration page. The one that shows your computer specs. At a bare minimum, copy the URL of that page, and paste it in your signature. At least then they could go to it, and you'd be Identified correctly as 'registered'.

*Looks at question slog, and falls over with X_x for a face.*

And do something about that grammar. No spaces, no capitalizations in MANY many places... Generally just a block of words that are making my head spin.

Until then, I cannot answer because my brain just fried.

I dont want to get in trouble.

If you have a sec I would like to know how you get money/cerdits? How oftin do you get the 75k or how ever much it is?

How do i make my marines attack a ships crew or indrude in there ship?

i'll go look at that code stuff some more

After this I have to go to bed.

the 75000 is you salary and gets paid every 24 hours of game time. You may mine or trade items to get more money.

Your marines cannot be transported to anthoer ship. Kinda sucks but makes it fun as well.

1) Do you keep your shields and cloak on all the time?

Cloak not, it's way too expensive, but I keep my shields on at all times. "Shield fuel" (aka Plutonium) is only spend when the shields are being recharged, but I don't think it's used to maintain the shields. (At least this was the way I think it's handled). So you can keep your shields up all the time for free, save the power the shield generator takes...

2) If you turn your shields off to save the very expinsive gas that runs them how do you keep form taking alot of damage in a suprize attack or random damage that i still dont know where it comse from?

See answer above: don't turn them off (unless in a low-power emergency)

And please specify "random damage". You mean the ambient damage a ship takes when entering a gas giant (like Jupiter) or something like that?

3) Can you land your CC next to a city/base on a planet and walk/OC over to it and enter buildings or see/talk to NPC's?

No NPC's to talk to generally, although enemy marines will exit bunkers to engage your marines.

I don't think you can enter buildings.

4) I havent figured out how to exit planet fall right over a base or city and I have never got all the way to one at the slow speed.

On TACOPS, set a waypoint for your ship near the base (just use one that says "Proceed to Next"). Your ship will make planetfall at that location if you use the AP.

5) HOW do you send your Marines to invade a ship/station? I cant find it any where, I get invaders all the time, but i tryed getting a full SC of Marines ready to deploy and launching them to ships and stations but most of the time the SC get blown up or I call it back.

That's already been answered. Marines don't DO enemy ships.

6) When you get close to a ship that is damaged or just small compaired to to you, and press C and your shields drop and your tractor beem gets it what do you do next?

Tow it to a station. Just jump to a friendly station while tractoring a station, and then dock. You should get a prompt asking you if you wish to deliver the ship. You get XP and money for capturing enemy ships.

Actually, shields DO burn fueld when notrecharging. I left them on mining overnight, and when I came back, my fuel was down in the red for the shields.

If you disengage the shields, you are subject to a surprize attack. HOWEVER, if you are diligent, you won't ever BE in a surprise attack, because you will note it coming. (You'll see your enemies on sensors, or pick up the cloak interference of a cloaked enemy... SHIELDS UP!)

You don't even need AP turned on to waypoint egress to a planet, just shift + F9 when you are near the planet and have a waypoint selected. You'll egress in close to the point.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

Originally posted by Admiral Tigerclaw:

If you disengage the shields, you are subject to a surprize attack.

Your shields being down has nothing to do with being attacked.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was being monitered for perfection in every statement.

What I meant was 'If you lower your shields, you are subject to [more likely be taking damage in] a surprise attack.'

Funny thing is... I actually went on the attack one time, and FORGOT to raise my shields... I took out four fighters before I realized I had my shields down. Never took a hit either.

quote:

I actually went on the attack one time, and FORGOT to raise my shields... I took out four fighters before I realized I had my shields down. Never took a hit either.

Luck of the Irish??

I never, get that lucky. When I do things like that, I seldom get lucky enough to survive.

Guest Shingen

quote:

Originally posted by KING RHODAR:

Can you turn off all the power in your ship and live? or will you and your crew die with no life support, like if you are landed on a planet?

You can send your entire crew to shuttles/OCs and then turns off all power to your CC, as shuttles have thier own life support systems.

Why you would want to do this is beyond me.

(scratches head) It takes along time to dock at a station and/or find one. was wondering if you could land on a planet in the middle of no where and nothing attack you. Turn every thing in your ship off so you dont waist power by letting it run over night or while i am at work.

I got this idea because i coudnt figure out how to get my ship off the ground. It would just move rely slow and not take off, so i had to get a tow and it takes FOREVER to get to you and nothing ever attacked me. What i am getting to is parking on a planet safe or was i just lucky?

Yesterday I printed up the tutoral in the doc's folder and read along as I played. It helped me learn aboujt all kinds of problems that I was having, including planet egress.

As far as shutting down everything when planet side, it's not needed. If you kill your engines and shields then no fule will be burned.

I just figured out what that random damage is!!!! Its intruders. Every now and then i send my officers off duity to rest and if i get intruders durring that time they well damn near blow up my ship. I am going to be so mad if i play this for along time and get rely nice upgrades and artfacts on my ship and indruders mess it all up. right now i cant even move my ship and i think my reactor is about to blow up, i am in a SC towing my CC. Seems like the 40 mariens i have on my ship would kill some one if they were putting bombs on my nuclear reactor (ponders) well every thing on almost every deck of my ship is 20% or lower a few things are still keeping me alive but how do i get the station techs to repair my ship? when i land and stat sending my Techs to fix stuff i run out of them. when are the station techs going to start fixing my ship for free?