Current or upcoming games to look forward to...

LostInSpace

Well since I started the Legacy games thread I've just realized it would be nice to have this thread to keep everything nice and tidy and in one location.

I was checking out the Akella's web site (the same company that distrubtes the Battlecruiser millennium in russia) and came across this game they are working on due to be released Q3 2004

PT BOATS: Knights of the Sea. Check out that first screen shot. If DREAMCATCHER was smart (no pun intended ), they should pick up the distribution here in the states.

[ 06-03-2004, 09:33 AM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Commander Elio Jason:

Half Life 2 anyone? UC(DUH!)?

Ooooo, let's not go there yet with HL2 .

Yeah UC and X2 but they are already covered and talked about on other threads but that's okay talk about em in this thread too.

quote:

Originally posted by Cmdr chavic:

What's HalfLife? I know their code got stolen

Well halflife is how long the source code was alive before someone stole it....

Thief 3??? I'll be damned.. I heard that it was being made by Looking Glass but when they filed backrupt and shut down.. I thought I would never see this game =(

Beat one and two.. can't wait to take one number Three

How bout the two new MOH titles that take the action to the Pacific? I'm picking up the XBox title to today when I get KOTR, GTA Bundle. also hot for True Crime: Streets of LA. Prince of Persia :Sands of Time is also on my must have list.My game budget is shredded to shit this month. Thinking of selling my Steel Battallion set up to the highest Bidder to finance all my other purchases.

Well, my power adapter for my Powerbook got stolen during class yesterday... the replacement cost me $80 so I'm as broke as the nose on the Sphinx. No games for me this month.

Also thinking of selling Steel Battalion for $$. But I want the online expansion so much!

My hot list for the holidays: Uru: Ages of Myst, X2: The Threat, and Universal Combat.

Yes, me want Thief 3... but it won't be out till next year. I'm horrified that Deus Ex 2 has been cannibalized (see: consolized) so I won't dare to hope.

quote:

Originally posted by Akwar:

Im a big WW2 history buff,

This game sure looks good!

Yeah me too. I've played most of the WWII based PC games like Aces of the pacific, Aces of the deep, silent service 1&2, destroyer command, Hidden and Dangerous (and soon H&D2), hmmm can I throw wolfenstien in this list , Il-2 strumikof (dang don't remember the spelling and I'm too lazy right now to look it up).

im not a wwII game fan per se, but i think medal of honour was done really well. ive played through it twice.

i thought the sounds were so realistic, the way the m1 clip fly out when its finished, seemed straight out the private ryan movie.

call of duty demos are impressive, so i might get that, but the sound isnt as good as medal of honour, kind of strange when its from some of the same developers who did MOH.

I've ruined a young mind.

I was at a friend's house Saturday. She called another mutual friend and she came over with her kids. We watched the eclipse through the telescope but the boy was more interested in installing Age of Mythology on my friends computer so they could play online. My friend was less than thrilled.

So I kept the poor guy company as he used cheat codes to advance quickly through the game. I left about halfway through I guess and finished the last third of Harry Potter with my friends. He finally talked me into coming back after Harry Potter was over and he let me play through the tutorial.

As I was learning how to build I accidentally highlighted a goat. Well, this goat followed the villagers to the new building and while he didn't really do anything I had great fun asking the kid how could a goat help build a building.

Sooooo the next scenario started the fighting. Had to fight off pirates or something. It used the same village. As I built my watch tower and learned how to create fighitng units I slowly gathered them around the watch tower. Well the poor goat looked lonely so I brought him along too and just about sent my young friend into fits.

My goat warrior has ruined a young mind.

ps. Anyone want Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator? Not quite legacy but not sure if it's current.

Talk about pressures of being of JEDI:

First Galaxies Jedi confirmed, hunted

First players to unlock force-sensitive slots in Star Wars-based MMORPG quickly find a price on their heads.

Talk about a short honeymoon. Over the weekend, players of Star Wars Galaxies, the film-inspired massive-multiplayer online role-playing game, learned that two players had achieved Jedi Initiate status. The pair were the first in the game's four-and-a-half month history to do so.

Today, the MMORPG site Allakhazam's Magical Realm is reporting that a massive bounty--150,000 credits--is being offered for the newly hatched Jedi's heads. As of press time, they had not been killed.

Reaction in the Galaxies community has been mixed. Some see the bounties as a cynical move by Sony Online Entertainment to keep the Jedi population down, others praise it as being true to the spirit of the SW films. Unsurprisingly, the most common reaction has been bloodthirsty enthusiasm by players with bounty-hunter characters, who have posted comments like "It's safari time!" on SWG forums.

Details on how the two players became Jedi can be found on the Allakhazam Web site.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot

quote:

call of duty demos are impressive, so i might get that, but the sound isnt as good as medal of honour, kind of strange when its from some of the same developers who did MOH.

I had gotten Call of Duty last week and finished it already. IMHO, I think it's better than Medal of Honor. The only bad thing about Call of Duty that I noticed, is that it was rather short.

quote:

Originally posted by LostInSpace:

Talk about pressures of being of JEDI:

First Galaxies Jedi confirmed, hunted

First players to unlock force-sensitive slots in Star Wars-based MMORPG quickly find a price on their heads.

Talk about a short honeymoon. Over the weekend, players of Star Wars Galaxies, the film-inspired massive-multiplayer online role-playing game, learned that two players had achieved Jedi Initiate status. The pair were the first in the game's four-and-a-half month history to do so.

Today, the MMORPG site Allakhazam's Magical Realm is reporting that a massive bounty--150,000 credits--is being offered for the newly hatched Jedi's heads. As of press time, they had not been killed.

Reaction in the Galaxies community has been mixed. Some see the bounties as a cynical move by Sony Online Entertainment to keep the Jedi population down, others praise it as being true to the spirit of the SW films. Unsurprisingly, the most common reaction has been bloodthirsty enthusiasm by players with bounty-hunter characters, who have posted comments like "It's safari time!" on SWG forums.

Details on how the two players became Jedi can be found on the Allakhazam Web site.

By Tor Thorsen, GameSpot

I got this little Gem as soon as it came out over here and it's very well recommended. As well as being my first real venture into online RPG's I have to say I'm really enjoying my expierence with this game. I love the fact that if you don't like the way your character is devoloping you can surrender skills that you don't want and put them in to something else.

Adventuring is really fun and skill progression is easy and well explained. The in game Helper's are excellent are always ready to help with any question you may have.

In short I would recommend this game if you are a fan or if you like MMORPG's

quote:

Originally posted by Emmett.hendrick:

got this little Gem as soon as it came out over here and it's very well recommended. As well as being my first real venture into online RPG's I have to say I'm really enjoying my expierence with this game. I love the fact that if you don't like the way your character is devoloping you can surrender skills that you don't want and put them in to something else.

Adventuring is really fun and skill progression is easy and well explained. The in game Helper's are excellent are always ready to help with any question you may have.

In short I would recommend this game if you are a fan or if you like MMORPG's

But what's up with those dancing wookies!! I mean I know that when you watch them you get healed but common... Egads they look rediculous...