Memtok, The Mind Taker!

Memtok, the mind taker!

(EDIT: I have only done this in UCCE. I've also added the line about being visible when you shoot up the base to spawn the enemy marines.)

Start a Marine Roam game (lone wolf or with a squad doesn't really matter, assuming that you don't care if your squad gets killed off). Be any type of marine that you wish (I've done this as a MIM).

Use a DJP to jump to your favorite enemy's starbase (I usually play TER-MIL, so I pick the TER-INS starbase). Don't move far from the jump pad. Ensure you are standing up or crouching so you can be seen. Shoot up the nearest barracks, bunker, or command-and-control building to draw out the enemy marines. Use the DJP that you came in on to jump to a friendly base or city before they smoke your butt.

ALT-S to TACOPS and zoom in to the enemy starbase that you just stirred up. Find the enemy marines that are running around and add as many of them as you wish to your PLV. While you are looking in the area, add anything that you would like destroyed to your PLV such as a the MFB or STO launchers or whatever. Press 0 (zero) and stand up. Select an enemy marine in the PLV and then press SHIFT-; (the gesture for "follow me"; using the TOM won't work for this). Continue to select the enemy marines in the PLV and press SHIFT-; until you have done them all. Now you can use the TOM to give them orders, such as attack each other or anything on the base. (Actually, you can give them orders immediately after the gesture.)

If you have a squad, your marines will always consider them to be enemies and will kill your subverted enemy troopies if they get in range. If you make your subverted marines shoot at a building that will spawn enemy marines (like a bunker, barracks, or command-and-control building), the newly arriving marines will kill your subverted marines without hesitation.

Memtok, the mind taker!

Start a Marine Roam game (lone wolf or with a squad doesn't really matter, assuming that you don't care if your squad gets killed off). Be any type of marine that you wish (I've done this as a MIM).

Use a DJP to jump to your favorite enemy's starbase (I usually play TER-MIL, so I pick the TER-INS starbase). Don't move far from the jump pad. Shoot up the nearest barracks, bunker, or command-and-control building to draw out the enemy marines. Use the DJP that you came in on to jump to a friendly base or city before they smoke your butt.

ALT-S to TACOPS and zoom in to the enemy starbase that you just stirred up. Find the enemy marines that are running around and add as many of them as you wish to your PLV. While you are looking in the area, add anything that you would like destroyed to your PLV such as a the MFB or STO launchers or whatever. Press 0 (zero) and stand up. Select an enemy marine in the PLV and then press SHIFT-; (the gesture for "follow me"; using the TOM won't work for this). Continue to select the enemy marines in the PLV and press SHIFT-; until you have done them all. Now you can use the TOM to give them orders, such as attack each other or anything on the base. (Actually, you can give them orders immediately after the gesture.)

If you have a squad, your marines will always consider them to be enemies and will kill your subverted enemy troopies if they get in range. If you make your subverted marines shoot at a building that will spawn enemy marines (like a bunker, barracks, or command-and-control building), the newly arriving marines will kill your subverted marines without hesitation.

What version of the game? That sounds like a, err, you-know-what to me. Maybe report it in the tech support forum? I'll try it as soon as I get home.

What version of the game? That sounds like a, err, you-know-what to me. Maybe report it in the tech support forum? I'll try it as soon as I get home.

:D

UCCE. I've edited the original message to say that like it should. Someday, I'll remember to put that in the subject line line like I'm really supposed to.

I've also added to the original message that you can't be prone when you shoot up things to draw out the enemy marines. (Well, they don't come out when you shoot up their buildings whilst prone.)

I'm not claiming this is a you-know-what. :)

:D

UCCE. I've edited the original message to say that like it should. Someday, I'll remember to put that in the subject line line like I'm really supposed to.

I've also added to the original message that you can't be prone when you shoot up things to draw out the enemy marines. (Well, they don't come out when you shoot up their buildings whilst prone.)

I'm not claiming this is a you-know-what. :)

If you are prone you're probably not detectable so the marines won't exit to search for you when they have some damn good sensors to scan for you.

The fact that you can order aroun enemy units is indeed weird thoug.

Check that out and report it so that the SC will see.