H.a.w.x

RT

So, anyone tried it?

I did, and am deeply dissapointed by it. The official word was that they were trying to satisfy both arcade and simulation players, but in the end I've yet to find anything even remotely realistic about that arcade shooter. I'm fine with these (had fun with some ace combat games) as long as I know what to expect and they don't try to lie to me.

So, realism in H.A.W.X?

Don't even hope for any such thing. You WILL be asked to dogfight in a A-10. Against mig-29s. And you WILL crush them. All 10 of them. At once, cause you're a hero. Of course, to do that, you will be helped by your afterburner (even on A-10s and SU-25s), unlimited fuel, close to unlimited weapons, unlimited gun ammo, the highly retarded Enhanced Reality System (which I consider as quite insulting for any self-respecting player) that displays the path you have to follow to lead on your target (obviously, they think gamers can't use their brain and a two axis pad at the same time), the highly unrealistic manual mode, which supposedly removes all fly-by-wire control limitations, while all it does is allowing for definitely unrealistic manoeuvers (like turning round in something like 3 seconds to shoot a bogey in your six).

Physics are fucked up, banking 90░ or even flying upside-down wont affect your velocity-vector the very least bit and you wont bleed any airspeed doing high-G tight turns and you will even be able to speed up even when climbing straight 90░ up, obviously all planes in H.A.W.X have a thrust/weight ratio above 1.

H.A.W.X isn't a flight simulation. It is a flight shooter, period.

Now, is H.A.W.X fun?

I'm not sure the game is fun. I only played some campaign coop missions on a friend of mine's console, and must say these missions are quite boring, and damn too easy. Avoiding missiles is child play, and your plane is just plain too agile to let anyone land a gunshot at you.

However, dogfighting using the Manual mode was quite fun, if highly unrealistic; I can say I never had a chance to do such moves in Falcon4.0, and it was quite pleasant.

The overall feeling I got about H.A.W.X was dissapointment, luckily I didn't buy it. 70Ç for that, sorry, no

Edit: Shouldn't that go into the Console gaming section? Eh, sorry.

Dear Lord. I was hoping that nobody would even mention this travesty. By noooooooooooo, it had to be you. :)

Now talk about the flight stuff in AAW. ;)

I had to write a rant about that game, I hate feeling cheated! :)

Now, I WILL write something about aerial combat in AAW, as soon as I get to survive longer than 3 minutes ariborne...I knew the EMD jammer needed some tweaking..But now I feel so sorry and really p** my pants when a SAM gets a lock on me ;)

I had to write a rant about that game, I hate feeling cheated! :)

Now, I WILL write something about aerial combat in AAW, as soon as I get to survive longer than 3 minutes ariborne...I knew the EMD jammer needed some tweaking..But now I feel so sorry and really p** my pants when a SAM gets a lock on me ;)

lol! Well, there is always cheat mode. For, you know, research purposes. :)