invert mouse in fp mode

I must have done something wrong with my last post because I can't find it, anyhow, Ill make this brief. I control my FP characters with an inverted mouse scheme such that, moving the mouse up looks down (similar to flying a plane). When I use the invert mouse option, this works perfectly in UC. However, I don't wish to invert the flight of my assets because the little icon that appears during mouse control is more intuitive to follow than to have inverted. Is there a way to keep the flight controls not inverted while FP mode is? If not, can an option be added in the next release or release candidate?

Listen, Im new to the forum, Im sorry if I violated a rule, I've made it a habbit to read all the documentation and search the forum with as many keywords as possible. I hope you're not shafting me on the controls over something like that. I won't post any more to the forum if you find it that annoying. The control scheme is really making it difficult for me to fly and control my vehicles, I basically have to go to the config menu every time I exit any vehicle. Ill keep my face outta here from now on. Please add a way to control vehicles with the Joystick or let me reverse just the fp mouselook.

Wot?

I'm not doing it. I said so. What else did you want me to do? Go into a lenghty and pointless diatribe as to why not? As if I owe you an explanation of same?

For $19.99 you think I'm your personal developer?

Gimme a break.

quote:

Originally posted by Alphabits:

Please add a way to control vehicles with the Joystick or let me reverse just the fp mouselook.

I suggest you obtain a Saitek joystick or gamepad. There is a program that comes with them

called Profile editor. I have the P880 gamepad and the X45 flight stick and I can program those to whatever key sequence to my hearts content. I've done that with a few games one recent one is Prince of Persia which didn't include gamepad/Joystick support for the PC version. Well I solved that with the Profile editor.

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Gimme a break.

Dang it!

Forget I said anything. Id rather see the game get closer to completion. Ill just pilot the vehicles with the keyboard and get better at that. I spend most of my time with the tacops anyway. Sorry to have your time.

quote:

Originally posted by Alphabits:

Forget I said anything. Id rather see the game get closer to completion. Ill just pilot the vehicles with the keyboard and get better at that. I spend most of my time with the tacops anyway. Sorry to have your time.

The problem is not because you said anything. Its because you asked. I answered. And you were just happy with that. I mean, c'mon, if I went off and put in everything everyone personally wanted, I'd be doing it forever. And what you are asking for is so trivial, it just doesn't register in the scale of things I should do. I have implemented many, many requests (look at the VCF) from joystick handling, to mouse look mode, to inverted mouse ops. If its important, warranted, significant, I would consider it. Otherwise I simply won't.

Heck, when the game shipped with totally and radically different power system (the used of 0-9 keys in BCM/G was removed), there were some concerns. So, I went off and spent considerable time putting it in. Then I had to go back and solve other problems related to power (as a result of that revision) in Logistix etc.

What you think is simple, can turn out to be a can of worms down the road. To wit. I changed how mouse looks works, just before the game shipped. Now, in multiplayer because another player can see your character, because mouse look is slaved to the model, now I have to go back and revise it - again - because if someone is looking toward the ground and you are observing them, you will see their model pitch forward. That should not happen.

Pssssssst!!! SC, Do ya think that we could clone YOU!!. Just look at the possibilities!!!!

quote:

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

Gimme a break.

( QUICK..someone trick SC to medbay. And make sure the Medical Officer is on duty. Oh, and better have a couple marines around, just in case he isnt agreeable to the idea)

[ 05-05-2004, 04:53 PM: Message edited by: street ]