Name your favorite ship!

Vandal

quote:

Originally posted by Schmendrick:

Am I the only person who who likes the Aestrom better than the Firestorm?

I'm with you on this..... it has a better fighter complement and even if it's slower and it has less turrets their sweet spot it's right in front of you.... in the targeting reticule..... so you don't have to do anything else that stick on your target and you're done....

The shield however are superior to the firestorm and even if the firestorm armor is better I think that shield got the precedence..... it's no good to find yourself in a tank without shield.... you surely won't be destroyed.... but you'll have to repair every damned screw on your ship.....

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Korgmeister:

One thing I love about this forum is how you don't get whacked for thread necromancy. *ahem!*

LMAO!! Man, that was funny

quote:

Anyway, as you can tell I'm very defensive in nature. I love my shields and my PTA turrets!

Yeah, you make some pretty good selections there. And the new Megaron just looks kick-ass. Have you seen it yet?

[ 09-29-2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: Supreme Cmdr ]

If by new you mean the Battlecruiser Generations version, then nope. I'm still running BCM right now.

But I'm taking a look to see how much BCG costs in Oz-straaayla right now. (Credit cards are fun!)

First I'll have to see if I can run it. Unfortunately I had to buy my computer a wee bit cheap which meant no AGP slot. My graphics card is a Voodoo 4500, which could be a bit slow for what you have in mind for BCG.

My personal faourite would have to be the Nightstar carrier - but for no other reason than looks - it reminds me of a modern day carrier and also the SDF1 from Robotech.

Checking the shots for UC I love the new look of the Nightstar - Very impressed - SC as usual you and your team are doing a GREAT job!

quote:

First I'll have to see if I can run it. Unfortunately I had to buy my computer a wee bit cheap which meant no AGP slot. My graphics card is a Voodoo 4500, which could be a bit slow for what you have in mind for BCG.

UC won't run on that rig. Have you not been paying attention to the game requirements on the products page?

quote:

Originally posted by Most:

I guess i'm the only one in this whole thread who loves the Violon.

hmmm...no matter...in multiplayer they will learn to respect it.

Not true, not true.

The Lady Anne happens to be a Violon.

Fast, graceful, deadly.

Originally posted by Supreme Cmdr:

quote:

UC won't run on that rig. Have you not been paying attention to the game requirements on the products page?

Yeah but I hadn't the faintest idea what a Vertex Shader is.

Out of interest, I see a few Geforce 2 compliant PCI video cards floating about on ebay and a few local hardware merchants.

You reckon those would run UC at all? Yeah I know I'll probably have to run it at minimal resolution, but do you think it'll run playably with a PCI graphics card? They do claim to have 2 vertex shaders and from what I can see that oughta work. Unfortunately a complete hardware overhaul is currently beyond my budgetary capabilities.

(Additionally I'm running my Vodoo 4500 with Directx 9 currently. Thank heavens for obsessive Vodoo fanboys and their 3rd party patches and drivers)

Ah, nuts! I guess I'll have to wait until I get a new computer. That's probably going to have to wait until after graduation, though.

And if I end up going to Japan soon after I graduate it'll probably have to be a laptop, too (eeeyew!). Anyone who can figure out how to fit a computer desk AND a bed into an 8 tatami mat room is smarter than I am

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new and I saw this discussion.

I think that the Garid is the best Cruiser, if only it could use Artefacts

The best all round Carrier is the Battlecruiser MK3, but it looks ugly, I saw a screenshot on the main page of one that looks cool, can I have one like that. The Violon is good but I like the shuttle MK1 best, fast hyper. You should be able to customise your Crew and Fighters

I prefer MEGARON, nice shileds even without upgrades (can't do em in russian version ), nice speed, best "handling", good PTA (5 dual turrets), even with mediocre IC and GV complement, its killing machine... It have firepower as cruiser with abilities of carrier.

As flagship of fleet i prefer Firestorm (fragile, slow, ugly and deadly )

• 10 months later...

Battlecrusier Mark III.

Fast enough to run rings around Storm Carrier and Quick enough to get to the scene of a fight and take part.

Of course, the ship is part of the story. A good crew helps - especially once you space Resnig......

I have to say that im caught between the questar(fast, sexy, manouverable . . and small) and the Aestrom (Huge, sexy, powerful with a uniuque, yet exotic design. i mean, when you look at her in space, you feel her, and nothing else . .*grins*). they are me favourites. a close third would be the generis . . a nice wee transport.