BattleStar Galactica

LostInSpace

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Grayfox

it was cool back in the day, but now...

ive never really seen anything re-done the right way. I dont think it will suck per se, but it wont be another B5 either.

in fact i really dont think you can redo classics. i mean thatll be like them trying to redo knight rider or the a team... to much fan expectation to live up to. and if it doesnt live up to it, it sucks.

Yeah, I agree all valid view points. I myself don't know one way or the other. We shall see. I can see it now sitting there watching it and going "Oh my god what were they thinking".

With so much fodder out there why Battlestar galactica, makes ya wonder sometimes. Why not Terminator the series, Matrix the series, Phone booth the series (a new phone booth victim every week), Equilibrium the series, phew so many to choose from .

Hmm, quite a change of characters.

The original names are now callsigns and the two major cast have been changed to females, how politically correct.

Let's see where it goes, if it keeps to the spirit of the original series, I don't see where it can go wrong.

Am I the only one who feels this may be good? The original show wasn't exactly MacBeth. And while I was a fan I'm willing to give it a shot. I actually read what has been puported to be a first draft of the Pilotby Ronald Moore from Star Trek:TNG and if it is the real thing I can't wait for the thing to start.

AS we all know I am too dumb to post a link, and I can't remember the address where the script was posted but I seem to remember that it can be reached

via Richard Hatch's website, even though he is diamertically opposed to this project.

And lastly it can't be as bad as Galactica 1980

Guest Grayfox

quote:

The original show wasn't exactly MacBeth.

no, but now that im older, a new version wouldnt have that same magic the original did when i was a kid.

it might be something my kid might enjoy, but remakes always change from when you were a kid.

several examples: transformers (theres no dinobots for cripes sake!)and he-man. now that my boy is watching them i look at them and think, "you know, the original was much better"... the magic is gone for me

quote:

Originally posted by Grayfox:

quote:

The original show wasn't exactly MacBeth.

no, but now that im older, a new version wouldnt have that same magic the original did when i was a kid.

it might be something my kid might enjoy, but remakes always change from when you were a kid.

several examples: transformers (theres no dinobots for cripes sake!)and he-man. now that my boy is watching them i look at them and think, "you know, the original was much better"... the magic is gone for me

Yea I've been thinking the same myself recently after I saw the current Version of He Man on satellite the other day - the remakes that are coming out now are no where near as good as I remeber the originals.

Classic example for me was transformers, I loved that show but the latest incarnation is just pants. I still have a copy of the Movie and even now I love to watch it with my son - he loves it too.

Guest Grayfox

quote:

Classic example for me was transformers, I loved that show but the latest incarnation is just pants. I still have a copy of the Movie and even now I love to watch it with my son - he loves it too.

is just pants??? lmao what does that mean?

i agree i loved the original, had most of the toys, still have the VHS version of the movie (i think they put it out on DVD after the technology was available).

it just lost that touch. my kid likes the old versions too. oh well... nothing stays dead and buried forever

Ah. I'm far too young. So I don't have an original to base it off of.

The more they diverge from the original, the less of a "remake" it is, and the more of an "alternate" it becomes. The Time Machine was different in the book, the 60's movie, and the recent movie. (Which sucked.)

Provided the plot doesn't suck terribly, it should be pretty nice. Then again, I'm just a youngin.

quote:

Originally posted by Or:

Why do they have to remake old classics, do none of these overpaid gits have an original idea?

Ideas are for the writers. The money men are paid for certain things like this. And with all the fuss it causes, the plan works. I've got some friends who were actually waiting for something like this.

Based on the script I read it threatens to be very interesting. What follows are some plot points. WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD

* The cylons are evolved. While some warrior drones remain, the leaders are android types who have infiltrated Colonial politics.

* Balduar unwittingly hand over the colonies because he is unaware the woman he is sleeping with and selling secrets to is a cylon.

* Starbuck is still the hottest pilot,still gambles,gets drunk, and fights even though she's a girl.

*Boomer's a girl too.

*Col.Tigh and Starbuck hate each other. Tigh has a little drinking problem and his wife left him because of too many deployments, and too many broken promises to leave the Colonial Fleet.

* There are no advanced computers on the Galactica or any other Colonial ships because the Cylons almost defeated them by using there thinking machines against them. Nothing more powerful than a Commodore 64.

* The Galactica is being decommisioned on the eve of the Cylon attack. Apollo is back to fly a last mission but doesnt speak to Adama (Edward James Olmos)because he blames him for his brother Zac's death at the Colonial academy. Turns out Zak didn't have the right stuff.

* Oh yeah the Cylons are much harder to kill this time.

I hope you true sci-fi fans give this thing a chance. If it sucks we can trash it later. Say what you want about Sci-Fi Channel, but it was on death's door and now is one the highest rated cable networks who attracted BIG names like Stephen Spielberg and next season Martin Scorcese.

Boomer and Starbuck are female in the remake?

Somebody must die.

That's just WRONG.

Col Tigh hating Starbuck?

No computers on the Galactica?

Bauldar not a confirmed sneak and traitorous butt-head? Isn't that kind of like re-writing Judas Iscariot as a misunderstood scape-goat?

Does anybody still remember that the Cylons were not robots? They were a lizard race that did genetic alterations. The Cylon warrior was a "brain in a box" and the supreme Cylon Leader had 3 brain implants.

I guess I'm too much a fan of the old Galactica to go for the new rewrite. Why don't they just call it something different, with different character names? That would be more honest.

loosely based on......

quote:

Originally posted by Hades:

quote:

Originally posted by Sir John Falstaff:

Isn't that kind of like re-writing Judas Iscariot as a misunderstood scape-goat?

He... he wasn't?

**Sigh**

No, my dear boy....

He knew just what the hell he was doing before, when and after he did it. Just like dear old Bauldar.